PDA

View Full Version : York Millenium Screw Chiller Code

wint100
04-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Does anyone know how to access the Engineer level menu on the York Millenium Screw Chiller Interface.

We can only access the user level menu and we can't reset when we have high oil temperatures.

Thanks.

HallsEngineer
04-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Look at your phone and type the numbers that spell y-o-r-k that should get you in

Grizzly
04-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi wint100
As a BMS engineer I would assume you know about control strategy.
As far as I am aware the oil trip temp is set in the software at (107c for > 3secs).
Not sure at what temp it resets but presume somewhere around 70c?
Normal running is approx 54-66c, therefore if you are tripping out on High Oil temp.
You have a problem which (if you could) resetting won't cure!
Mind you could have a faulty sensor?
Grizzly

wint100
11-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks I'll give the code a try.

The problem is due to the condense flow rate being too low. The BMS has been altered to only allow 2 out of the 3 chillers to run, with the 3rd chiller being a standby. This seems to have resolved the issue. We now rotate the standby chiller weekly or on fault.

Thanks

serviceman
12-11-2009, 06:21 PM
the reset by high oil temperature is automatic once declined oil, a low flow in the condenser temperature or high temperature of water in the condenser, dirt on condenser (incrustacion) can be factors to this problem, verify that the open this cooling valve (oil cooler). the code is 1380

nadsalamut
28-01-2011, 10:05 AM
the reset by high oil temperature is automatic once declined oil, a low flow in the condenser temperature or high temperature of water in the condenser, dirt on condenser (incrustacion) can be factors to this problem, verify that the open this cooling valve (oil cooler). the code is 1380

Serviceman, i have 2 compressors working, however only one of them, compressor #1, the oil temperature is rising to cut out i.e 107c. the oil cooler is working.
any suggestion what can be done? do you think the oil can be the cause of it or the core drier??

setrite
28-01-2011, 07:40 PM
If the chiller is the YCWS model, high oil temperature does not require a code. Just toggle the system on/off on the microboard and thats it. But investigate reason for high oil temp. Could be a faulty Oil cooler TXV or high discharge temp.

serviceman
01-02-2011, 02:57 PM
this type of machine is cooled by water? if so take the temperature of liquid from the condenser. verifies the operation of the cooler aceite.si vet can clean house cooler than if there have been oil has burns or damage to the compressor may be restricted oil flow. and verifies that the oil temperature sensor this calibration

Jahangir
06-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Dear Friend,
Hi, I don't think that reset of alarm is the best way.you should 1st check your system to avoid happening much bigger problem . also change of setting in engineering mode should done in careful consideration.

Regards.