PDA

View Full Version : What compressor should I use?

Jonc
03-06-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm looking for a small energy-efficient AC compressor of about 1kW cooling duty for experimenting.
Can anyone tell me what manufacturers I should try?

The little rotary L'unite RK range might do, but they don't go small enough.

What about Mitsi, Hitachi, Samsung, Sanyo etc. does anyone know who does a very small one that is good on energy efficiency?

Danfoss used to do the FR7H, (maybe they still do?), but I assume that the little ac rotory ones are more energy-efficient.

Oh,.. R407C, not 410A.. I don't keep it.
Any tips welcome. thanks

Tesla
03-06-2009, 05:25 AM
Hi Jonc
your question is a little vague, you need to tell us more. What temp range lo, med, or hi also any other data you may choose to disclose. I think copeland may have a scroll compressor which is more efficient. And why 407c. Is it for heating and cooling?

D.D.KORANNE
03-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi, Jonc,
Efficiency has again a lot to do with condenser performance. An efficient compressor could run into a low performance .

Jonc
03-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Ok, yes I was a bit vauge, nonethless, I sometimes see what is available before trawling through any data (if its avaiable).

I'm actually going to fit it into a Fujitsu nominal 5kW air-air heat pump, but using a nice big plate heat-exchanger in place of the inside unit to heat water. Expect to evaporate between maybe +7° and -3 ish °C. and intend to condense between about 25° up to about 60°C, depending on the discharge temperaure that I find. I will probably use R290 propane. My guess is that the smallest AC compressors are about the right range.
I had a play with the excellent Copeland Select 7.1 software (well worth down loading), but it seems they are all too big. I'm looking for about 1kW cooling duty.
Danfoss dont seem to have good enough COPs.
The L'unite tecumseh rotary RK5480 is a bit big.
I'm sure there is a little Jap unit out there somewhere.

Brian_UK
03-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Try searching the manufacturer's websites for compressor information/data.