PDA

View Full Version : ice maker

chillyblue
02-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi guys

anybody heard of a premium ice cube maker
model ICECKZB20, i've been to a job today and the little red fault indicator on the front is coming on about every 7 seconds, nothing is happening, i don't know whether the electronic board has failed, whether it's waiting for a signal etc, or what the fault light indicators or than that it's not working, (which i know any way)

I have checked for water, fuse etc

Cheers CB

tonto33
02-06-2009, 05:25 PM
you may find the answer here
http://www.archiexpo.com/prod/scotsman/commercial-ice-cube-maker-10441-38205.html

Peter_1
02-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I only see publicity tonto but no help at all

tonto33
02-06-2009, 06:33 PM
click on pic then u can open downloads that give you service manual

chillyblue
03-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Thanks mate but i don't think it's there, this is one made in china, Typical cheap machine that has no reference or phone numbers, to get help when the thing fails. spose that's why they are cheap and thats why people buy them.
Thats also the problem now with electronic boards, if you don't know what the board is waiting to do or what signal it's waiting for your in the S~*T.
At least with switches you could work your way through.
This seems to have two water tray switches/ sensors connected to the pcb board each having three wires.

1 why three wires if it's measuring resistance or it's a switch
2 how would you know whether it's measuring resistance or it's a voltage switch (and also what voltage)

This is only a small pub under counter ice maker auot water feed etc.

Thanks lads
CB

lowcool
04-06-2009, 04:08 AM
my probable guess would be one probe fills the other probe stops the fill and activate relay on board via dc voltage from 1-10.two wires may conduct varied voltage and the other being an earth.put you meter across probe points on board or legs to negative or positive of dc power supply and hopefully youll see different voltages when wet or dry.depending on age or calcification i would look at bin full sensor/switch,or h/p temp or pressure as these are sometimes at start of circuitry.bad earthing of probes could be a player also.by the sounds of it parts may not be able to be sourced.icemachines uk have helped me source parts in the past.try & track down retailer on ebay.you would think the owners would know where it came from depending on age of course.good luck.sell em a new one give em fifty bucks trade in take it home modify it and stick it under your bar for the headaches these imports cause

doggin dave
09-09-2009, 08:11 PM
hi chilly blue,
I had the misfortune to come across one of these wonderful machines today! showing exactly the same fault! did you ever find out what was wrong with it?
cheers
dave