PDA

View Full Version : DHW heating system - how does it work?

desA
31-05-2009, 04:50 PM
http://www.ctcvarme.se/

CTC Aquaheat Domestic hot water heating system

CTC AquaHeat is a high efficient DHW heat exchanger unit in connection with heating boilers and hot water storage tanks.

Extremly small dimensions, instant, legionella free sanitary hotwater production are the characteristics of the CTC Aquaheat.

The CTC Aquaheat is available in two sizes - CTC Aquaheat 25 and 50.

I hope it's acceptable to ask this question - I'm intrigued. Is this a de-superheating system, to be plugged into an airconditioning system, or something else? It is something I've never seen before.

Can anyone describe how this system works & what are the component parts?

Yuri B.
31-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Hello DesA.
I looked through some sites, only thing comes to my mind it might be electric boilers with very powerful heaters and big flow rate - to quickly obtain hot tap water (and somehow combined with the house (gas) heating system).

Yuri B.
31-05-2009, 07:38 PM
No, no el heaters, of course. Some boiler's water (very hot), most possibly, let pass through the AquaHeat's exchanger for instantaneous heating up of tap water.

nike123
31-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Nothing special, by description and pictures, Simple BPHE with pump and accessories.
It is addition to powerful boilers for instantaneous heating of DHW (and in that way avoiding legionela formation).

Brian_UK
31-05-2009, 11:10 PM
As Nike says, basic system but nothing to do with refrigeration at all; all heat input from assorted boilers/heating devices.

desA
01-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Thanks everyone.

I was trying to make sense of the device & had originally wondered if it was some form of de-superheater system. With that perspective in mind, the piping didn't seem to make sense - other than the water-side. The valve there seems to be a coil-operated on/off device. The other line, with the white pipe interconnect had me guessing. The plate HX is a given.

Not a refrigeration-related device. Ok, then. Sorry about that.

Brian_UK
01-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Tricky trying to understand details from a single picture isn't it?

The black device I think is maybe a flow sensor (pressure or movement) which senses when there is a demand for hot water and will then switch the pump on to circulate the primary heating water.

The pump pipework has me guessing though, perhaps the white tube is a small bypass to allow primary water circulation. The brass gizmo on the right is perhaps a valve which shuts the white tube when the pump runs ????