PDA

View Full Version : york millenuim screw chiller

kcuk
30-05-2009, 10:30 PM
hi all any ideas how to check the oil level on these chillers

1 oil level sight glass has two sight glasses top and bottom on all 3 circuits so its been loosing gas as well and some oil, ive never had to do anything to this chiller before, but now i have to remove the gas the level sight glasses and im gonna change the driers as well, but the oil has got me a bit puzzled, anybody ever worked on york millenium before, i know itl be something daft but id rather be safe in my mind that im doing it correctly.

cheers all

muju
18-03-2010, 02:18 PM
when u pump down the system, u can shut off the compressor suction valve,open liq line valve to let liq migrate to the cooler ,when all liq ref migrated,close all valves, dead nut at bottom of oil seperator loosen crack loose,recover gas from condenser to 5 psig left in system. slowly remove dead cap to let oil drain,when all oil out u can put a service valve instead of dead cap ,vacummise and add oil. level should behalf in upper glass when unit standby.

oil level should be below 1 site glass and above bottom glass when comp running.when comp standby level will show mid of upper glass.