PDA

View Full Version : Daikin R410A, playing up after power surge

Stuart59
29-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi all,

After a power cut/surge it seesms that our Daikin R410A got reset and during the middle of the night the unit turned off. Initially I believed it had gone off as a result of a another power cut but then it went off at exactly the same tiem the next night. No timer settings appear to have been set and when it does go off it wont come back on via the remote control.

So I go up to the roof and take a look at the outside unit, I cut the power and reconnect and still it won't work. Only way to get it up and running is to press the forced cooling switch on the PCB. Unit then appears to work normally.

Obviously I want to make sure its not going to go off again tonight. I have double checked that there are no timer settings enabled. However the manuals do not sufficiently explain how the forced cooling works? Does it automatically shut off for example and how do I know if the unit is operating in normal once again?

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Stuart.

R1976
29-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Forced cooling will run the system in a test mode and at its coolest level. It may go off on the test modes time out function. If you have stopped it cooling in test and the louvres have closed then you should be able to switch it on at the remote. Is it a new residential split system and is it cooling only or heat pump, what is the model number, What settings are you operating it with on the remote?

Stuart59
29-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Problem solved it seems, I reset device again and got going without having to press the forced cooling button. Remote control then allowed me to stop and start the system without issues... heres hoping I don't come into a 100 degree plus server room tomorrow morning!

Thanks,
Stuart.

Obi Wan
29-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi Stuart,

Most Daikin units have auto restart as standard. The auto restart is a smart auto restart. This means the indoor units remembers if the it was on or off at the time of power failure. If the unit was off, then it remains off when power is restored.

Does your indoor unit have any addition adaptor PCBs for example a KPR928. On this board you need to set a dip switch to get auto restart. The factor setting will just stop the unit and not start it on power restore.

It always helps if you take the model number down.

Obi Wan.