PDA

View Full Version : R40

sparrow
28-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi guys,
I had a call today from a local butcher, he wished me to undertake a refrigerant recharge on a system within his shop. Nothing to extraordinary so far, then he added it was Methyl chloride that he required. I have to be honest here I was at a loss I asked him if he was talking about Ammonia, he went on to explain the coshh details he had attached to the now empty cylinder and it sounded quite problematic. I checked the internet to try and find what it was he has over there. It was discovered that this refrigerant was R40, totally something I am unfamiliar with and reading the details on the gas it is very old but was very good at condensing. Everything else I read was not very attractive has anyone worked with this Refrigerant of late I understand it was popular in the US.
Regards
Sparrow.

Toosh
29-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi guys,
I had a call today from a local butcher, he wished me to undertake a refrigerant recharge on a system within his shop. Nothing to extraordinary so far, then he added it was Methyl chloride that he required. I have to be honest here I was at a loss I asked him if he was talking about Ammonia, he went on to explain the coshh details he had attached to the now empty cylinder and it sounded quite problematic. I checked the internet to try and find what it was he has over there. It was discovered that this refrigerant was R40, totally something I am unfamiliar with and reading the details on the gas it is very old but was very good at condensing. Everything else I read was not very attractive has anyone worked with this Refrigerant of late I understand it was popular in the US.
Regards
Sparrow.

Hi sparrow, It was widely used in the 50`s and 60`s it is flamable any read this

http://trivenichemical.tradeindia.com/Exporters_Suppliers/Exporter16660.253812/Methyl-Chloride.html

Norm

sparrow
29-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi sparrow, It was widely used in the 50`s and 60`s it is flamable any read this

http://trivenichemical.tradeindia.com/Exporters_Suppliers/Exporter16660.253812/Methyl-Chloride.html

Norm

Thanks Toosh, I telephoned the Butcher and told him where he could find the product I myself will take no further part in this one.

Good to know about the Refrigerant though if I am asked again.

Sparrow

Toosh
29-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks Toosh, I telephoned the Butcher and told him where he could find the product I myself will take no further part in this one.

Good to know about the Refrigerant though if I am asked again.

Sparrow

You are welcome. :D