PDA

View Full Version : problem TXV walk in cooler

Rey
28-05-2009, 05:39 PM
hello i am from P.R , last day i replacement a condenser unit tecusem 3/4 HP, Refrigerant 409, 115 volt, 11.6 amp. and replecement to a thermostatic expancion valve using 1/2 hp emerson for R-409.

in this moment stay whit parameter ( HI press= 185 psig, LOW press= 20psig, AMP= 12.0, siglass still bubble, the evaporator star frost the firt line the coil and the rest is wet, ok and now is the mistery the expancion valve using external equalizer and look frost to injecting liquid to de suction line but the coil never to flood i not have idea what happenig i never see the external equalizer fort before flood the evap coil if somebody help me appreciate thank

Gary
28-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Did you replace the filter/drier?

What is the walk-in temperature (temperature of the air entering the evaporator)?

Gary
28-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Is the TXV sensing bulb mounted upstream from the equalizer line?

hd88
29-05-2009, 12:10 AM
sounds like the valve is starving. open it up 1 full turn counter clockwise. do you know how to check and set the evaporator superheat? if not google superheat. 10 degrees of superheat is ok for a walk in cooler.

Gary
29-05-2009, 12:31 AM
sounds like the valve is starving. open it up 1 full turn counter clockwise. do you know how to check and set the evaporator superheat? if not google superheat. 10 degrees of superheat is ok for a walk in cooler.

At this point there is no reason to believe that the valve needs to be adjusted.