PDA

View Full Version : Daikin VRV3 iTouch/Vam unit question

r0ss
28-05-2009, 05:13 PM
To save the hassle of phoning Daikin tech tomorrow and to save face. :confused: I was hoping someone could answer a quick little question regarding wiring up VAM units on a VRV3 system with 13 FCU's to a iTouch controller.

So obviously all the BS Boxes are linked with F1 F2 outdoor and i have a seperate cable from the condenser to the iTouch. However there are 3 VAM units that also need to be connected to the iTouch.

How would i do that? Do i come off the last BS Box in the F1 F2 outdoor terminal? or from the last FCU? or do i link up the VAM units seperately and run another cable to the iTouch and link it with the cable from the condenser?

If possible, and if any gurus are about, could someone tell me the procedure to address units for the iTouch so in the future and forever i will know.

Hopefully someone can help an apprentice trying to impress a boss. :)

Thanks a lot,

frank
28-05-2009, 07:23 PM
The VAM units have F1,F2 connections.

Just wire to the F1,F2 terminals via a KRP2A board if you want remote on/off etc. Include them into the indoor F1 F2 loop. Don't star wire them.

r0ss
28-05-2009, 09:19 PM
I saw the F1 F2 connections on the electrics cover when we hung them, however im still a bit unsure on what you have replied with.

Do i include them with the BS Box (outdoor) F1 F2 loop or do i come out of the FCU F1 F2 (indoor) connection on the last unit?

And is the KRP switch necessary with the iTouch Controller?

Can the VAM unit not be turned on/off with (i guess) different fan speeds from the iTouch Controller?

I dont think any have been ordered in and have never heard the contracts manager mention it.

brunstar
28-05-2009, 10:15 PM
what you will need to do is wire them to the FCU and not the bs box.

just tag them onto a fan coil unit

Obi Wan
29-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Ross,

You should connect the VAMS and any other non-VRV equipment to the F1 F2 outdoor terminals on the BS Box. It does not have to be the last BS Box as long as you don’t star wire.

When you address the group numbers on the VAM unit, also enter the field setting 17-7-02. This will allow you to control the operation mode and fan speeds from the iTouch controller.

Good luck

Obi Wan.

r0ss
29-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks a lot for the replies guys.

But they contradict each other? :\

When connecting the VAM unit to the BS Box F1 F2 outdoor terminals, is this only when the iTouch is going to be used to control it?

And if, for example, i wire it from the FCU - if the FCU had its own local remote, it would control both single FCU and VAM unit?

Sorry for all the questions. Hopefully it becomes clear for me and others who would like to know a bit more.

Obi Wan
29-05-2009, 05:33 PM
You only need to connect the VAM to the F1 F2 terminals if you want to control it from a centralised controller (like iTouch, iManager KRP2A1).

If it was a Heat Pump system (2 Pipe) you can wire the VAM to the F1 F2 terminals on the fan coil as there is no BS Box.

On the Hear recovery systems (3 Pipe) you should wire to the F1 F2 outdoor terminals on the BS Box. This is to ensure the VAMS are connected to DIII Net, but with “one BUS up”. Same as the heat pump systems.

If you want to control the VAM from a remote controller serving a fan coil then you wire the VAM to the P1 P2 terminals on the fan coil unit.

Regards

Obi Wan.

r0ss
29-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Top man Obi Wan.

Thank you very much