PDA

View Full Version : Samsung RS21 dcns fridge/freezer

Crypton
27-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Just wondering can anyone help me out? A friend of mine has A Samsung RS21 dcns Fridge Freezer. The Freezer is working fine but the fridge is not pulling temp. Do thermo stats give trouble on these or could it be a defrost problem?

Thanks.

tonto33
27-05-2009, 08:22 PM
how old is it? the main fault on these is defrost sensor needs to be black cap and the defrost heater fails

Crypton
28-05-2009, 10:55 AM
As far as I know its 5 years old. I usually dont go near domestics but its a mates fridge so I told him I would have a look on this site and see if I could get any info and then pop up and check it out for him. You say it needs to be a black cap what do you mean by that? Thanks for you help..

tonto33
28-05-2009, 07:40 PM
new defrost sensors are black capped if white it the old type and needs replacing

Crypton
29-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks for your help.

fridge boy44
04-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Just wondering can anyone help me out? A friend of mine has A Samsung RS21 dcns Fridge Freezer. The Freezer is working fine but the fridge is not pulling temp. Do thermo stats give trouble on these or could it be a defrost problem?

Thanks.
prob nothing to do with sensor mate! take off the water bottle and the evap panel if been running a while the duct in the evap panel will be blocked,its a design fault! will need a new modified panel,replace that and will be fine! you can defrost the evap panel and make the duct bigger but always a better idea to replace,ok bud