PDA

View Full Version : Calculating capacity

Darren Cassin
27-05-2009, 02:47 AM
I have been asked to resurrect an old air conditioner that was decommissioned twelve years ago. My problem is that I need to replace the condenser but I can not find any identification on the air conditioner or condenser therefore I have no idea what capacity condenser to order. My guess would be somewhere around the 100Kw plus mark looking at the size of the coils etc. It is a DX system, package unit with a remote condenser. Can air conditioner capacity be calculated by using details from the condenser such as tube size and length? If so can anyone give the formula? Cheers.

icecube51
27-05-2009, 06:31 PM
is the condensor beyond repairs???

Ice

icecube51
27-05-2009, 06:43 PM
if what you say is true,and there are no more indications on the unit,the best thing near gessing is to take a lot of notes. thickness of tubes,lenght,total amount of tubes, how are they connected, howmany turns and splits. howmany connections in & outgoing, finns are 1 / 2 / 3 mm apart and so one. than compare whit some fabricators and see if you get lucky. thats the easy way. you can also calculate yourself throug the hole thing,but thats a bit more difficult(i think:o)

Ice

Peter_1
27-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Best way is doing it via the compressor type or the fan coil

Darren Cassin
28-05-2009, 02:10 AM

Hi Peter
can you elaborate on this, is there a formula you can suggest?

icecube51
28-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Yep, 100% Peter,but than you need numbers and info to work on.

Ice