PDA

View Full Version : Too much noise due to air flowing

elpajaroloko
26-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Hi,
I have a Panasonic model CS A93KE,2500W
The indor unit makes too much noise just because of the air flow in the fan.No vibrations at all,just the flow.
Is there anything I can do about it?
My only idea is about reducing the input voltage to 125V,but I donīt know whether the engine will still work (of course,at power reduced (125/220)**2).
thanks

jedax81
26-05-2009, 07:35 PM
For the airflow, you have to insulate the internal casing of the unit with acoustic liner. Noise is dependent on the thickness of the liner. Reducing the voltage will result of reducing the blower speed & flowrate. If the blower is discharging the required flowrate for that room then try insulating the internal case without changing the voltage otherwise you flowrate will be changed.

Yuri B.
26-05-2009, 07:46 PM
May not ventilator cage be scraping somwhere against the case inside? (case slightly warped by heat after working in heat mode)
May not nearby ventilator get some scotch left stick? (scotch is usually applied to the lid of the unit during packing)
If the unit has worked for a while, fan's bearings may have weared out.
But if the unit requires 220 v, then PCB(s) and compressor will be rendered absolutely inoperable on 125.

Yuri B.
26-05-2009, 08:07 PM
The noise even at low speed? Low speed approximately = as if you appled 125 V to the max speed. So what you win?

rude
27-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Does it make a loud noise on low fan speed? Motor could be worn or there may be a snapped blade off the fan barrel.