PDA

View Full Version : refrigerant reclaim

weidit
25-05-2009, 03:19 PM
hi guys
i was wondering if anyone could answer this for me

I have seen reclaim units which have 20kg max fill stamped all over them.

But i remember someone telling me a calculation for filling a reclaim bottle which tells you 80 percent so its save for expansion etc..

has the manufacturer of these bottle that have max fill already on them worked it all out for us or do you still have to take away the tare weight?

many thanks

chemi-cool
25-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Every refrigerant bottle manufacturer must write all the details on the bottle: Mfg. date, max. pressure, Tara, Net weight for certain refrigerant.

You can work out easy how much you can recover into one bottle.

marc5180
25-05-2009, 07:20 PM
The manufacturer of the bottle has already worked it out.

On the side of the bottle there will be an amount that can be recovered into the bottle for each refrigerant,
i.e R407c 11kg, r134a, 10.5kg etc.

The tare weight is the bottle empty then you recover whatever it says on the side of the bottle for that refrigerant.

Peter_1
25-05-2009, 07:38 PM
hi guys
i was wondering if anyone could answer this for me

I have seen reclaim units which have 20kg max fill stamped all over them.

But i remember someone telling me a calculation for filling a reclaim bottle which tells you 80 percent so its save for expansion etc..

has the manufacturer of these bottle that have max fill already on them worked it all out for us or do you still have to take away the tare weight?

many thanks

EN378 clearly states - you're from the EU - filled up to max 80 % of the bottle.