PDA

View Full Version : Reset fan speed

mchild
25-05-2009, 01:11 PM
I have a Daikin VRV with FXSQ ducted indoor units. The system was just installed this past November - during the heating season.

With one indoor unit the fan was a little loud when it got to High speed after the Hot Start Control so I set the fan speed to Low using the Service Mode 44. I used the Service Mode to set the fan speed because I only have one remote controller and wanted to make the change on just that one indoor unit. But, I found on really cold days with it in Low speed it could not keep the room warm enough so I set it to High fan in Service Mode 44.

Now I realize that unit will only operate in High fan no matter if it Hot Start Control or I select Low fan on the controller for all units. Is there a way to reset the controller and that one indoor unit so that it is not locked into always being in High fan?

Thank you.

brunstar
03-06-2009, 10:10 PM
you probably set the 13 codes, if you have a look back at the posts that you put on here, you were advised not to do that.
if it was in higher codes it may have been 50 codes so you may have to contact daikin technical.
the codes should be 13 - 6 - 01 and 13-6-02

mchild
05-06-2009, 06:03 PM
you probably set the 13 codes, if you have a look back at the posts that you put on here, you were advised not to do that.
if it was in higher codes it may have been 50 codes so you may have to contact daikin technical.
the codes should be 13 - 6 - 01 and 13-6-02

brunstar,

Thank you for your response. I do remember that you cautioned me on not having the fan go of when t-stat was off. Is that what you are speaking of? I checked and I have not made any changes to 13 as I don't have any codes that can be set in that mode. The changes I made were in 12 for fan off in heat mode.

Any other thoughts on how to reset the fan on that one unit so that it goes through the Hot Start Control when in heat mode and not just come on in high speed?

brunstar
06-06-2009, 01:20 PM
it is probably 12 - 3 01, you can view that in code 22 to see what is set.
make sure you write down your changes next time to make it easier for you

mchild
06-06-2009, 01:47 PM
it is probably 12 - 3 01, you can view that in code 22 to see what is set.
make sure you write down your changes next time to make it easier for you

Yes, I have noted all changes made and I have set 12(22)-3-3 for fan off in heat. Are you saying this setting is keeping one unit from having Hot Start Control and not allowing the controller to set the fan speed to Low while these functions continue to work on the other three units?

It seems to me that setting the fan to High through Service Mode 44 is over riding all other control since the unit will now not use Hot Start Control and will not go to Low fan when selected at the controller. All other units function as they should as they have not had the fan speed changed in Service mode 44.

brunstar
06-06-2009, 06:13 PM
set codes 44 to 1 and this should bring back your low fan speed operation, you will probably find that it is set to 3.

mchild
06-06-2009, 06:40 PM
set codes 44 to 1 and this should bring back your low fan speed operation, you will probably find that it is set to 3.

Yes, it will bring back the Low fan, but then it will be locked into Low fan and not go to High fan when needed on the colder days. That puts me back to where I started when I set it to Low fan to begin with.

From what I can determine by setting the fan speed in code 44 it locks it in and can not be changed by setting the fan speed at the controller and it also over rides the Hot Start Control stepping of the fan. Therefore, if I set the fan to Low in code 44 in always be Low and if I set it to High it is always High.

One other niggling problem whilst you are guiding me out of the fog. I have difficultly changing the fan speed setting in code 44. Following the instructions I set the unit number using the time mode button (from the Test button two up and two to the right) and then set the fan speed using the fan speed button (far right top button) but more times than not the fan speed does not change. It seems so straight forward - am I missing a step here?

Thank you for all your help!!