PDA

View Full Version : Zanussi ZX77 5Si Fridge-freezer

adw99
25-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Hi

Our fridge seems to have stopped working however the freezer is fine, the temprature alarm comes on and after getting up a 5am this bank holiday morning not nice! i pulled the unit out a pressed the alarm off, ive clead out some fluff and since then the alarm hasn't come back on but the fridge (which is now on max) isn't cold
The fan at the back is working and when the doors are opened it turns on as usual for a few seconds
This model has no grill in the fridge just outlets in the plastic at the back
The freezer has a solid back from top to bottom no ice visable, there is a grille at the top-front of the freezer compartment and looking in with a tourch there is no visable lumps of ice it just looks like evenly spread frost.

Any suggestions as to cause or solution i'd like to be know what it is before i call a repair man out and waste any money

Many thanks

amitsaxena
25-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Your thermostat has failed hence change the same.

Thanks
amit

jammy
25-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Although you can't see any excess ice, it probably has built up enough ice to restrict or stop the air flow up to the fridge. Several possible causes, element open circuit, heater protector failed and therefore not allowing heater to come on during defrost cycle, thermistor or control module?

adw99
25-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks guys wasn't expecting any responses so fast thank you

Can i ask is it worth defrosting the FF as ive read for similar cases or just call out an engineer?

We have stuff in the freezer and it would be a waste of food if defrosting has any reasonable chance of curing the problem it would save me money and time off work.

thanks

adw99
25-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Sorry more questions would it be possible for me to fit a new thermostat

Are there any service manuals the only thing i can find is the owners manual nothing in it

amitsaxena
26-05-2009, 05:54 AM
http://www.user-service-manuals.com/zanussi/ZX.shtml

Dear Check this, It may be some help.

Thanks
Amit

adw99
26-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Thanks

I defrosted the freezer yesterday and fridge is now working again.

However I left freezer on zero overnight, so to me that means it is OFF but it was quite cold and frosty this morning.

Does that give you guys any further clues as to a further diagnosis??

Amitsaxena thanks for the link however you need to donate money and wait 1-2weeks to get a manual?

Thanks again

tonto33
26-05-2009, 09:27 PM
replace defrost heater part no 2142142-01/03

adw99
27-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks

can i ask is this part located at the back of the freezer behind a plastic sheet
I unscrewed the top and back panel of the freezer yesterday and there is a small circuit board inside a plastic box with wires going up the back and what looks like a heating wire on a blue mat about the width of the freezer 30 - 45 cm and about 20 high stuck to the back/top of the freezer

Thanks

tonto33
27-05-2009, 08:20 PM
its inside the freezer compartment

kamz
05-07-2009, 10:43 PM
i have one of these frridge freezers a frost free thing, the alarm keeps going off and the temp fluctuates in the fridge. 8-4 degrees at top and colder at lower points... i cleaned the front vemnt with hover, alarming improved, but still goes off twice day. i did have a drier next to he fridge at one time.... can anyone help me????

thanks kam