PDA

View Full Version : How do I design & calculation with long refrigerant pipe line?

nuntachai
21-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi.... All Refrigeration man !

I'm designing that the Cascade Refrigeration freezer for shrimp cook ( R-23 Low stage , R-404 High Stage) , and now I have some problem that the too long of liquid & suction R-23 pipe line ( about 100 m.) , we use 3/4" liquid line (-20 c ) , 1.5/8" suction line , the both of them applied K type copper tube. , after we installation of system we found the compressor can not be start ( High Pressure cut off ) and I thing that the cause of very long pipe line( make the vaporize of R-23 to Hight pressure )
How do I know or basic calculation about compressor power ( motor hose power )that can operate and starting.?

nike123
21-05-2009, 10:57 AM
What is mass flow thru lines?
Did you considered instalation of liquid refrigerant pump?

US Iceman
21-05-2009, 11:38 PM
If this is a cascade system with long pipe lines you could also have an issue with the refrigerant charge being increased and forcing you to install a larger fade-out vessel (expansion vessel for the low temp part of the system). The cascade refrigerant needs some additional volume to expand to reduce the pressure in the low temp system.

You have not provided very much detail to say why the compressor does not start though....

Gary
22-05-2009, 12:15 AM
How did you charge the system?

D.D.KORANNE
22-05-2009, 05:22 AM
BASICREFRIGERANT LINE SIZE CALCULATOR PROGRAM IS AVAILABLE IN SOLKEN 6.0 VERSION . MIGHT BE OF HELP. LET ME KNOW IF THIS COULD BE OF HELP . contact me on ddk0123@gmail.com

icecube51
23-05-2009, 01:04 PM
its not only the lenght of the pipes,but the way of expantion to considder. also the volume of the refrig vessel and the houskeeping / return of the oil.i think he is better of whit heatexanchers in liquid pump. the liquid it self can be a brine mixture for his specific temperatures.

Ice