PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

Abe
19-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Ever since I switched to Win 2000 I have this prob

Spyware.............pop ups..........come up from no where
Hijackers..........Now I cant even get to my home page, which incidently is RE.

I did a spy bot check.........it says my system is clear. I dont even surf enough to get hijacked, or spied.....

Do I go back to good old 98...........or fwd to XP ???

chemi-cool
19-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Hi Abe.

Its about time you delete what ever 2000 you have and move forward.
XP Professional is what you want.
DDR memory not less then 256MB, Pentium 4 Motherboard.

If you down load the Google bar from Google home page, it has a pop up block button and a quick search facility.

I will not load too much information on you now. This is the basic stuff so you can start.

Chemi

rbartlett
19-06-2004, 08:14 PM
go here

http://computercops.biz/forums.html

download a copy of 'hijack this' from the site and post the results

these guy's are the DB's and will analyse your settings and tell you how/what you need to do..

i had one some time ago 'space-search' and they sorted it out

cheers

richard

halwaya
22-06-2004, 07:08 AM
it could be some kind of bug too
it is good to scan your disc with ad-aware
and even if it is not a bug - you will clean your computer ;)

Blueboy
23-06-2004, 09:55 PM
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Follow this link download the free one. I paid for the prof version and its automatic and faster I think it was around £8.00. It will stop the spyware problems you are having. After that go the google and download the google bar in options once you have downloaded it enable pop up stopper. That will stop them coming back.

As for XP it is fantastic if you have a fast chip 2000+ and plenty of RAM 512meg+

Hope this is of help

Robearbam
09-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Fix win2K. If you scan the registry for the home page that your being directed too you will see it located in several areas. Manually deleting or editing these will not bail you out. Search the web for the home page that comes up as your default. There will be information about this and a file that cleans it out and also tells you what files to look for and delete manually. After you get it fixed then install a program like "spybot" or "spysweeper" to monitor your home page and changes it may be subject too. They do a great job and can download for free on "ZDNET.COM". It's a real PITA but I'm afraid even XP is prone to this! Good Luck!