PDA

View Full Version : Klimaire mini split installation

JohnK
19-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I work on small units in coolers, freezer ect. I am installing a Klimaire mini split heat pump in the inlaws house. The condesner ia about 9 ft from the indoor unit. The lines are about 15 ft in length. Can I leave a coil(s) in the lines to make the length to the condenser fit. I dont feel like postioning the condenser further away. Any info would be appreciated.

nike123
19-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Yes you can, but you also could cut lines to measure and make new flared joint (I suppose that you have all necessary tools and knowledge).

JohnK
19-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Yes I could do that. I have the tools and knowledge. That would require that I reduce the refrigerant charge, correct? Being a blend, I would prefer not to do that.

nike123
19-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Yes I could do that. I have the tools and knowledge. That would require that I reduce the refrigerant charge, correct? Being a blend, I would prefer not to do that.

No, you don't need to reduce charge. It has been charged for lengths between 0-5m.
It has accumulator inside for variations of refrigerant charge and protection of compressor from liquid refrigerant.