PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu AOU12R1 Heatpump

Lancelot
18-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey guys! Got a question for you, I was wondering how to connect a low ambiant thermostat on the condenser on the Fujitsu's AOU12R1. Because my friends brother gave him the unit and I installed it , I installed about 50 of these units but it's the first heat pump, and the low ambiant is at the condenser but the wires are not connected, I know that one wire was on the terminal block in the condenser but I don't know wich one! I do know that's it's only one wire that you split to connect the low ambiant. But I'd like to know exactly where I have to connect it!!! I've been searching for wiring diagrams with no luck so far!!

Thanks guys!!

back2space
19-05-2009, 01:06 AM
If its got the low ambient on there then it should already be connected if its not then you should call them back out on warranty.

Lancelot
19-05-2009, 01:50 PM
It's not on warranty anymore, it's not a big thing to connect, I just want to be sure.

Thanks man

nike123
19-05-2009, 02:11 PM
What is purpose of that thermostat, since I newer heard of termostat in Fujitsu outdoor unit neither it is present in original wiring diagram (http://www.mediafire.com/?wfen2znoz2n).

Lancelot
19-05-2009, 05:00 PM
You are right, that thermostat is not present in the original diagrams, I just talk with a Fujitsu technician and they add it for protection if you try to make it work when it's too cold outside. So to connect it, you simply take the wire out of the number 3 lead on the terminal block at the condenser, and you split it with the low ambiant. Very simple but I wanted to be sure!!

Thanks guys !!

nike123
19-05-2009, 06:18 PM
You are right, that thermostat is not present in the original diagrams, I just talk with a Fujitsu technician and they add it for protection if you try to make it work when it's too cold outside. So to connect it, you simply take the wire out of the number 3 lead on the terminal block at the condenser, and you split it with the low ambiant. Very simple but I wanted to be sure!!

Thanks guys !!

I would place it in series with fuse. In that way all will be disconnected (indoor unit and outdoor fan also).
No cold draft inside and useless waist of energy at outside fan.

Lancelot
22-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Can't do that on split systems, the purpose of that thermostat is if you want to start only the fan inside ,you can do it without starting the compressor outside, so that way it won't be dammaged by frost back.

Thanks again man, I really appreciate your quality answers.

nike123
22-05-2009, 11:28 PM
[quote=Lancelot;145899]Can't do that on split systems,

Why not?

the purpose of that thermostat is if you want to start only the fan inside ,you can do it without starting the compressor outside, so that way it won't be dammaged by frost back.

What is purpose of starting fan mode only inside if air conditioner doesn't heat.?
If it does circulate indoor air without heating it, it creates unpleasant draft.

eggs
22-05-2009, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE]

Why not?

What is purpose of starting fan mode only inside if air conditioner doesn't heat.?
If it does circulate indoor air without heating it, it creates unpleasant draft.

Perhaps this question is better asked of every major and most minor AC manufacturers in the world. :confused:
After all, they include a fan only mode on the remote controllers.
Why would they include a function that Nike123 says you don't need.

Daikin, Tosh, Hitachi, etc... you have it wrong, we don't need fan only anymore...Nike says.

Eggs

nike123
23-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Perhaps this question is better asked of every major and most minor AC manufacturers in the world. :confused:
After all, they include a fan only mode on the remote controllers.
Why would they include a function that Nike123 says you don't need.

Daikin, Tosh, Hitachi, etc... you have it wrong, we don't need fan only anymore...Nike says.

Eggs

To me, fan mode is OK when we need cooling effect in mild conditions, since faster air movement called draft or draught, generated by fan mode, makes cooling effect by evaporation of moisture, which we humans generate and call it "sweat".:eek:
On the other hand, same cooling effect generated by fan mode in heating season, "seems" unnecessary and unpleasant to me, and therefore action of preserving indoor fan mode in heating season, when low outdoor temperature thermostat is actually acting, is pretty stupid, by my way of looking at things!:eek:

Maybe these manufactures, you numbered, heaved same taught on their mind when they are incorporated fan mode, which doesn't cost them nothing, except additional button on remote control. :rolleyes:

eggs
23-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks once again for correcting a "Dumb Ass" like me.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8604/someoneiswrongontheinte.jpg

Is this the type of conversation you have with your wife every night?

nike123
23-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Eggs, if you wish to discuss with me without arguments, than I will not give you that pleasure.

In "dumb ass" post, I was not referring to you personally. I was only stating my opinion about over regulation in general which takes place globally, and that is my point. I don't see reason why you take it as personal attack to you, except because it was you quoted in that post. But you could understood that it is not personal. I see now that you took it as personal and I apologize if I hurt your feelings, but it is not my intention to hurt anyone feelings.
If you wish to discus about that further, than, I think, it is better to use private message system.

Regards,
nike123