PDA

View Full Version : Clearing oil from cases

priory
17-06-2004, 01:53 AM
I am about to fit a replacement condensing unit (and new valve) to an Fx 57 system and convert to 404a. I am more concerned than boss about the remaining oil in the system and as its my reputation on the line I am looking of a way to clear the system, anyone got some R11?? my only other idea is oil/drier replacement after so many running hours(but not sure how many, 10,24 ???) any help will be greatly appreciated.

chemi-cool
18-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Hi priory,

I thought I've answered you but may be it was the same question in another thread.

Yes I've got 180kg of R11. I Keep it until I retired, it is sealed and stamped and no one can touch it.

Today I use a solvent called R141b. Very good stuff and two cleans of a few litres pushed with OFN will do a great job.

From my experience, the biggest problem is the receiver as it collects oil and dirt from the system and it just stay there.
Replace it with a new one.

Information on R141b you can get here: http://www.atofinachemicals.com/msds/436.pdf

Chemi

Peter_1
18-06-2004, 07:31 PM
How I do it: refill the compressor with esteroil and let it run for some time on the old gas.
After some days, drain teh esteroil, recharge it again with esteroil and let it run again on the old gas.
3th time, drain esteroil and add then the final gas.

Mark
18-06-2004, 07:48 PM
What if its a hermetically sealed condensing unit :eek: .

I think we need more details priory.

There was a similar thread in the "refrigerants" forum on oil change procedure...... i believe.

Best regards Mark :)

chemi-cool
18-06-2004, 08:17 PM
Hi Mark.

Hermetic sealed compressors are no problem at all.

The suction connection is just welded to the shell so all you have to do is tip the compressor until all the oil comes out and fill with clean oil. ;)

Chemi

Mark
18-06-2004, 08:20 PM
yes ok chemi :)

Lets find out more details first :)

Best regards Mark

priory
19-06-2004, 12:18 AM
The unit is a large(ish) Maneurope running 12' dairy case, the compressor oil is white oil (?) not sure what the implications are on that one either. Of course as usual time and money to be spent on this job are at a minimum due to extremely large number of outstanding jobs(for large supermarket chain)oh and the site is 85miles away so a bit of traveling too. Thankyou all for the suggestion to date ! As they say "you live and learn"

Mark
19-06-2004, 09:06 AM
Hi,priory :)

What fridge company do you work for?

Mark
19-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Priory

"White oil" is used in manuroupe compressors only made so that manuroupe can charge a fortune to add oil to there compressors.The more recent oil is 160PZ ester oil "white oil" was used in there older compressors.

Best regards

Mark :)

priory
19-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Thankyou again, I currently work for myself (past 2 months) I am sure York use this white oil too?

FreezerGeezer
21-06-2004, 10:14 PM
I've heard that Endoflush works well, properly applied. You get it from HRP. ATB :cool: