View Full Version : About HVAC&R English

GMRILocust
16-05-2009, 03:28 PM
hello everyone,
i am an engineer from China, desining AC units on locomotives,
i want to improve my HVAC&R English,
and hope to discuss about refrigeration technology on locomotives,
thx a lot!

btw,i have a question: what's the best method to adjust the capacity of units on locomotives?
we now use a "on-off" of compressors , but it can't be the best...

thx a lot for helping me on my english-learning.

Brian_UK
16-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Peter_1
17-05-2009, 07:52 AM
This was a nice introduction my friend.

You can use proportional control to improve comfort like a VFD (Variable Frequency Control) , a digital scroll (Copeland)
We have here very nearby a big train manufacturing company which makes very nice trains (a division of Bombardier) They still use an on/off control on their compressors.

GMRILocust
17-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Welcome to the forum.

thx~Nice to meet u!

GMRILocust
17-05-2009, 03:59 PM
This was a nice introduction my friend.

You can use proportional control to improve comfort like a VFD (Variable Frequency Control) , a digital scroll (Copeland)
We have here very nearby a big train manufacturing company which makes very nice trains (a division of Bombardier) They still use an on/off control on their compressors.

Thx very much for your reply!Bombardier is famous in China<actually famous all around the world>

the digital scroll control may be better than the VFD one, i think,but Copeland's discreet to apply digital scroll control to a new field. (I wonder if i express this clearly...)

what's more, to ensure the reliability of the units, people would choose a on-off control...and we don't have enough experience of this. :(

icecube51
18-05-2009, 10:45 PM
first of all, a big welcome.
second, be you, and go for it,sombady has to be the first .

Ice

tianyicool
19-05-2009, 08:19 AM
I am also new, learning something from here

mekaniko5
03-08-2009, 08:51 AM
the digital scroll control may be better than the VFD one, i think,but Copeland's discreet to apply digital scroll control to a new field. (I wonder if i express this clearly...)

Actually, digital scroll are pretty much everywhere. Growth started in Asia but US, EU, and even Latin American OEMs are using and staring to develop new products using Digital Scroll such as A/W heat pumps, rooftops, and chillers. The key is how simple the technology which makes product design simpler and faster without sacrificing the essentials.

glenn1340
03-08-2009, 04:56 PM
i want to improve my HVAC&R English,

thx a lot for helping me on my english-learning.

Hi and welcome,
I can`t add anything to what been said (although I did serve my apprenticeship on desiel locos` but at that time the only aircon was an open window) other than I wish my Chinese was as good as your English.