PDA

View Full Version : Samsung or Midea?

jom2000
15-05-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm looking for cheap a/c for the Bulgarian coast. The requirements are undemanding, moderate climate, operating for less than a couple of hundred hours per year.

I was told by an installer that the cheaper Samsung a/c are not very reliable - they've saved on copper; and the Midea is better.

Does anyone agree? Other models available here are Gree, LG and Haier. Which is the most reliable?

nike123
15-05-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm looking for cheap a/c for the Bulgarian coast. The requirements are undemanding, moderate climate, operating for less than a couple of hundred hours per year.

I was told by an installer that the cheaper Samsung a/c are not very reliable - they've saved on copper; and the Midea is better.

Does anyone agree? Other models available here are Gree, LG and Haier. Which is the most reliable?

Similar s..hit!

superswill
15-05-2009, 07:16 PM
i disagree samsungs splits are as good as any other,the kits only as good as the team putting it in,

one thing to take into account is what back up will you get,who is offering the most warranty,will the installer be an accredit installer of the kit,do you have a local service agent if you have any problems

what kit suits your needs best

price,looks,duty,how long a life span will it have ect ect

jom2000
15-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Most of the installers here offer all the brands, and the standard warranty is 2 years. Anyway I imagine most go wrong either within the first 3 months, or after several years when the warranty is expired.

gwilliamson
15-05-2009, 08:40 PM
I only have limited experience of Samsung so maybe its a little unfair to judge. However i have fitted 2 samsung systems and both have had problems. PCB failures and both still come up with strange fault codes occasionally, although this is always easy to fix by just switching off & on! So in short 100% failure rate.
Its worth spending the little bit extra and go for an established brand such as Mitsubishi, Fujitsu or Daikin etc.

saharco
15-05-2009, 09:31 PM
there is a brand called coolwave , its cheaper than both and we have seen these operate for a good number of years on cow farms ( cow farts are corrosive )

we dont stock these , but if you want we can locate a few of these units for you