PDA

View Full Version : Zanussi ZNB4051s

rubystar600
15-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Dear all,

I purchased my frost free zanussi fridge-freezer 20 months ago from Comet. It has now developed a leak at the back near the bottom left, where there's a small white box attached to the fridge (I don't know what the purpose of the box is as it isn't specified in the manual).

I didn't take out an extended guarantee, as most often they are a waste of money. But am now starting to regret my decision. I'm hoping it's not a technical fault, so far I have tried cleaning the dust from the back and increasing the freezer temperature but to no avail.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you! :D

amitsaxena
17-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Dear,

Can you please post the pic of your ref, where there is a leak.
thanks
amit

344martin
20-05-2009, 10:06 PM
The plastic box to which you refer is the housing for the de-frost timer (a mechanical device that brings a heater element on in the freezer to defrost the evaporator every so many hours of compressor running time). Is the leak to which you refer water or escaping gas? I'm guessing water otherwise you'd have no cooling in the appliance! Just check the plastic tray on top of the compressor is not split/overflowing. There will also be a pipe entering this tray. If it isn't in the tray, it should be!!