View Full Version : sight glass

bernard
16-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Why would it be wrong to fit to fit a sight glass befor the drier :confused:

Regards bernard

Latte
16-06-2004, 08:24 PM
Hi Bernard,
I cant think of a purely technical answer but perhaps its so there is then no possible restriction of liquid from then on till the evaperator. Obvioulsly if the drier was blocked and the sightglass was before it the then drier could show liquid in it but because of a blocked drier the liquid would not get to the coil.

Regards

Raymond.

PS Anyone out there work for Capital Cooling ?

Regards

Raymond

bernard
16-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Yes seems so obvious now, if the drier was blocked the sight glass would still show full.

Regards bernard

P.S. We have changed jobs at the same time I have moved into supermarket as you moved out.I,m looking forward to the challenge and wish you all the best in your move.

Regards bernard

chemi-cool
16-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Hi Bernard,

Sight glass should show the flow and if equipped, also if the liquid is wet or dry.

It is installed after the drier in case the drier is partially blocked,
Then you see the white bubbles but to make sure drier doe's not function right, feel it, if cold = blocked, if warm = sortage of gas.

Chemi

bernard
16-06-2004, 09:01 PM
Hi chemi

Also a blocked condenser for a warm drier.So what is the next oldies then,I have noticed on the old celler cooling units I replaced there is some sort ot oil trap fitted a couple of meters before the evap is this an oldie as the new units don,t need them.

Regards bernard

Latte
16-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi Bernard,
Good luck with the supermarket work, you could have picked a better time to go into it though !!!!!. It's not bad work if you have the time, very demanding but the benifits are there for those that stick with it.

Regards

Raymond

Prof Sporlan
17-06-2004, 12:30 AM
The Prof, of course, would approve installation of a sightglass/moisture indicator before and after the filter-drier, allowing one to cover all bases... :D

rick
08-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Drier will also keep sightglass clean if before it.

wesmax
23-12-2004, 05:55 AM
Drier will also keep sightglass clean if before it.

A partly blocked drier can be found by measuring the temperature at each end the larger the diff the more the blockage.
wesmax