PDA

View Full Version : Compressor oil

mvtop
14-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Hi,

i have a small Matsu****a hermetic Compressor 1/3 HP, R-134A. it's been disconnect for sometime. I noticed it tipped over on the bench and some oil has spilled out.
If i want to add oil back, is it just a matter of pouring out the rest of the oil through the suction side and adding it back the same way?

if that's the case, is there any special oil i need to use besides just compressor oil.

sorry if this is a silly question, but the results could be worse if not asked.

thanks.
aaron

amitsaxena
14-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Dear
You can pour the same qty but i would suggest first check the Oil type (POE) and Make.

Also before pouring inside the comp, Just heat it at 100°C for 15~30 min and Pour the oil from Discharge or Process tube not from suction as it may enter to Suction muffler (Which is not advisable)

Thanks
Amit

D.D.KORANNE
14-05-2009, 12:27 PM
POE oils do not revert back to original quality after heating nor evacuuation help remove absorrbed moisture. For POE oil moisture content > 100 ppm is unacceptable since hydrolysis of oil results in alchohol & acid. Better evacuuate compresor , charge POE and immediately charge N2 upto about 30 psig until put to use.
NEVER USE AMBIENT EXPOSED POE OIL ; SPECIALLY WITH R134a; it has tendency to form soappy solution & block capillary tube.

icecube51
14-05-2009, 10:42 PM
R134a comp needs ester oil,and the 1/3hp has a volume of 625mL. clean the used one by poring out the old oil,put some new one in (250mL) give it a good shake and pore it out again. then ,straight away pore the new exact amount of oil in and mount the comp,or seal the tubes,so no air can enter.

Ice

sedgy
15-05-2009, 04:52 PM
hi mvtop,
can we take it the compressor has been disconected and is open to the elements if so all the oil needs replacing becouse mousture will have got into the oil

icecube51
15-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Yep !!!!!!!!!

glenn1340
15-05-2009, 08:03 PM
If the compressor`s been tipped over the pump could have come off its mounting springs. If it has you won`t need to worry about the oil problem!!