PDA

View Full Version : Multi temp installations

nova
16-06-2004, 07:14 PM
About multi temp installations; are you going to body builder for installation, do body builder bring truck / trailer to your workshop or do body builders install multi temps by themselves?

Latte
16-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Hi Nova,
Its normally done at the factory as obviously the trailers are specially built with insulated walls.
The big two over here are Schmitz Cargobull & Gray & Adams.

Not sure where the Schmitz factory is but i do know the G&A factory is in Fraserborough on the north east coast of scotland. Personally i think these are the best trailer around at the moment but i am sure someone will disagree.

Can i ask why you wanted to know :confused:

Regards

Raymond

nova
19-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Hi Raymond

Just clarifying this for myself as TK's policy is not to allow any installations outside of TK -certificated dealer / service affiliate.
Theory of this is acceptable and ok, but in practice where big bodybuilders will say how things should (sorry; WILL) be, it's hard to follow TK's procedure.

I understand big bodybuilders as Schmitz installs units, but do smaller bodybuilders install multi-temps too?

-nova

Latte
19-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Hi Raymond

I understand big bodybuilders as Schmitz installs units, but do smaller bodybuilders install multi-temps too?

-nova

When you say smaller bodybuilders what exactly do you mean ?. Normally over here trailers are all Schmitz or G & A so no work there for anyone else. Smaller units are normally done by a TK Dealer, Marshalls being the big one over here.

Hope this helps

Raymond

Reeferjon
22-06-2004, 04:05 PM
All truck/trailer multi-temp installs are done my TK dealers, either at the OEM (body builder) or at a TK dealer's site.
The VP stuff in usualy completed by a TK dealer (the jury is out on this one).

SteinarN
12-09-2008, 09:29 AM
I used to work at a bodibuilder with a yearly production of only some 20 bodies. They installs their multitemp themselves. Both Carrier and TK. I do however help them out from time to time with configurations like sensor calibrations and that stuff.

SKOOBY
13-09-2008, 09:38 PM
All installs are Sales driven and the Dealer is the looser by the pressure put upon them by Bodybuilders and the Manufactures.
You fit them where and when they say and at a set price.Smitz in the UK fit there own Carrier units and commission them.