PDA

View Full Version : Polar 3 door counter top fridge icing up

Dr.Doom
13-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Hi, I've got a customer with one of these. Model G622. It's frosting on the sides and back. Temp is ok in the middle but anything near the sides is freezing. I've seen this before on brand new polars and was wondering if there is some kind of design fault. Tried defrosting over night and cleaned condensor (which was pretty bad) but it's frosting again. I did fit a 961 controller on it before december as they got water in original and its been fine till now. I've increased the defrosts today so it's wait and see. Has anyone had simaler problems with these.

Gary
13-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Does the system have a fan/termination switch?

Andy AC
13-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Is that the one with the circulation fans behind the door pillar? If so, thats the norm,(pants) the evap coil is within the walls of the cabinet. Set the t/stat a bit higher, if its icing excessively, and make sure air flow is not restricted.

Andy

Dr.Doom
17-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Yes it is the one with the fans on the door pillar. I will try setting it a bit higher. Thanks for the replies.

Ireland
18-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Is the fan stopping intermittently?

That might be the problem.

As for the Polars, they are as good as anything else thats available for the money ..... but not perfect.