PDA

View Full Version : AC Market Segmentation - Where are VRFs?

nishant
12-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Hello all,
I am doing research on India Air conditioning Market and currently i am working on segmenting the market.

I have arrived at dividing the market into room and central air conditioners.

Room - Window and Splits
Central - Ducted splits, Packaged , Central plant and Chillers

I am not able to figure out where does the VRF system come under? Can someone please help?

Regards
Aman

tmranjit
12-05-2009, 06:28 PM
VRF will fall in centralised A/C segment

Hello all,
I am doing research on India Air conditioning Market and currently i am working on segmenting the market.

I have arrived at dividing the market into room and central air conditioners.

Room - Window and Splits
Central - Ducted splits, Packaged , Central plant and Chillers

I am not able to figure out where does the VRF system come under? Can someone please help?

Regards
Aman

nishant
12-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the reply.

But i see not much difference in the configuration of multi-split ACs and VRFs. The obvious difference is technology.

VRFs are one outdoor unit linked to many indoor units unlike multi-split ACs which have 2 or 3 indoor units.

Can you please further explain?

Thanks and Regards
Aman

SkyWalker
15-05-2009, 06:11 PM
you have basically answered your own question, vrf mean less space outdoors, means less electrical circuits, should mean less pipework so less labor to install.

if it is "3 pipe heat recovery" then your looking at some great efficiency ratios as the system can take heat from one area and eject it in another area where its needed, essentially recycling the buildings heat load.

one obvious downside is if you loose major components outdoors you loose a good amount if not all of you cooling capacity until problem is rectified.