PDA

View Full Version : Mini split right installation technique

Acrisoft
12-05-2009, 01:12 AM
Most service manual states to apply vacuum
before adding fluid to the system

In some filmes I saw in youtube, the guy install it in a simple way just by purging the air with the refrigerant itself. (no vacuum needed)

Could anybody clarify it ?
Which is the right way ?

Thanks

Moises

back2space
12-05-2009, 02:53 AM
Absolutely not, it is illegal to release refrigerant into the air.

Im sure the pros will be along soon to advise accordingly.

chemi-cool
12-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Its new to me that You Tube is the new Bible for refrigeration,

Purging is not enough and not legal,VACUUM

Acrisoft
14-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Yes

Guys are speading lots of videos in youtube teaching
how to install split without vacuum and this seemed wrong for me.

I am a teacher in mechatronics not refrigeration professional, so my mission is search and spot wrong and rigth techniques to my students in several areas of electronics and mechanics

Moises

mistubishi-eng
14-05-2009, 02:54 PM
1. Pressure Test System Pipe work
2. Evacuate System
3. Add/release refrigerant as required.
4. Commission System

Brian_UK
14-05-2009, 10:43 PM
1. Pressure Test System Pipe work
2. Evacuate System
3. Add/release refrigerant as required. :eek::eek:
4. Commission System

Incorrect, refrigerant MUST NOT BE RELEASED. :eek::mad:

SkyWalker
16-05-2009, 10:48 AM
acrisoft,

what must be realized is by vacuuming the system, yes we are "removing air" but we are also decreasing the pressure to boil off any moisture that has found it way into the sytem while the install took place, for instance at 10 Torr water will boil at approx 10'C ambiant temp.

nike123
16-05-2009, 11:57 AM
acrisoft,

what must be realized is by vacuuming the system, yes we are "removing air" but we are also decreasing the pressure to boil off any moisture that has found it way into the sytem while the install took place, for instance at 10 Torr water will boil at approx 10'C ambiant temp.
Not any moisture but to acceptable amount. For removal of all moisture, we would need to pump it to absolute vacuum for infinite time.;)

multisync
16-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Why did Japanses split manufacturers recommend purging in the install leaflet for many years and still warranty their kit?
(They only stopped when it became considered wrong from a climate perspective not for any other reason.)
Certain Ebay stuff still comes with the purge recommendation due to it being Chinese translated.
Commercial fridgies always purged when a new drier or semi hermetic was fitted as std practice.
All illegal now no doubt (at least in the UK) but not that harmful to the system and I doubt fridges/ac is more reliable now than back then.
Sure recommend vac'ing but you'll probably find they don't have a vac pump (and even less likely, a reclaim rig come rip out time..)

multisync
16-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Incorrect, refrigerant MUST NOT BE RELEASED. :eek::mad:

It's pretty bloody obvious he means add any additional OR open the valves (esp as he works for Mitsubishi Technical!)

BTW All this faux horror gets right on my tits:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

laf100
16-05-2009, 09:25 PM
:eek:
Multisync!
I am horrified at the use of the word "Tits!"

:D
:cool:

Brian_UK
16-05-2009, 10:21 PM
It's pretty bloody obvious he means add any additional OR open the valves (esp as he works for Mitsubishi Technical!)

BTW All this faux horror gets right on my tits:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:It might be bloody obvious to you but it was not addressed to you.

If the poster works for Mitsubishi Technical then he has even more reason to be specific in his choice of words especially when dealing with an international readership.

multisync
16-05-2009, 11:33 PM
It might be bloody obvious to you but it was not addressed to you.

If the poster works for Mitsubishi Technical then he has even more reason to be specific in his choice of words especially when dealing with an international readership.

Sorry Brian I meant to have written that in Portuguese :D