PDA

View Full Version : fuel contamination sterling unit

cadwaladr
12-05-2009, 12:17 AM
has anybody fitted extra filtration to the fuel system between the tank and the unit the quality of red diesel when used on static plant is giving me trouble,extra sediment trap or something along these lines sorry about the pun:rolleyes:

pipemaster
12-05-2009, 12:53 PM
HI thermoking are just releasing a optional filter sytem with a primer pump(helps bleed up) that mounts near the tank you might want to enquire about it at a tk dealers.

cadwaladr
13-05-2009, 12:35 AM
thanks will give it a try do you know if its an upgrade/recall or a freeby

Reeferjon
14-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Parts accesory

vehikool
17-03-2010, 04:58 PM
hi the obvious answer is to clean and filter the red derv at the pump before it goes into the fridge fuel tank, if not possible a cheap option would be for you to fit the old type glass bowl and filter, but you would still have to clean it out on a regular basis, are you sure its dirty fuel and that the tank is not full of debris?

cadwaladr
17-03-2010, 09:30 PM
it was as suspected the boss was sure the monkeys were keeping the diesel clean and would you believe it they were not ,it was the storage of the diesel [source]

MRW
18-03-2010, 07:37 AM
Have fitted one of these new fiter/primer pumps,works really well, if you need to bleed a unit,do not even need to open fridge doors

bellg
19-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Have fitted one of these new fiter/primer pumps,works really well, if you need to bleed a unit,do not even need to open fridge doors

TK part number for this kit is 10-415.
I have fitted some of those and found them to be excellent. I even drained down the fuel supply line
after running unit out of diesel. After 7 or 8 seconds priming unit fired up (without having to open front doors). Every fridge should have one!

carrier_trained
25-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Lift pumps dont like pulling fuel through aftermarket filters, or any filter for that matter, they are designed to pull fuel through the line un-impedded, but these pumps that fit at the tank sound good, we use to fit electric pumps but found they failed and never were replaced.

CTMarco
15-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Not sure it's as easy as not having to open the front doors, if you run out of fuel and you've no bleed screw how does the mechanical pump push against air!. £300 list also, good thinking by TK thou more filters to change on service = more parts sales!!.

Get yourself a elec fuel pump works everytime ;)

bellg
19-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Not sure it's as easy as not having to open the front doors, if you run out of fuel and you've no bleed screw how does the mechanical pump push against air!. £300 list also, good thinking by TK thou more filters to change on service = more parts sales!!.

Get yourself a elec fuel pump works everytime ;)

I also was very sceptical of these claims but as I mentioned in an earlier post I let the unit run out of fuel (twice) and the fridge started no problem by just priming at the tank.

Electric pumps are fine when they work but also bring they're own problems-(filter element blocking, earthing and power issues)

MRW
21-04-2010, 11:33 PM
got both types of pumps fitted to fleet,
tk/carrier pumps with glass bowl sometimes get air locks so dont bleed up,also pumps fail
filter pump only requires a bit of effort and also fitted so driver can see it,at the moment preferred option is filter hand pump
~~~~