PDA

View Full Version : Evaporator question...

LSM1966
11-05-2009, 11:01 PM
I have a 1.5T Carrier unit with cap tubes. I want to install a 2T evap with a TXV. Will I have any problems and will this help it cool better?

Robearoz
12-05-2009, 11:37 AM
I would suggest that this would probably cause multiple problems to be overcome with no effective gain in performance. For one the compressor will most likely have problems starting without some form of unloading, the increase in head pressure would probably offset most of the gain in the low side, what about the hassle of fitting a liquid receiver because the condenser will be too small to hold the additional refrigerant needed to reliably feed the valve - the list goes on.

Sridhar1312
12-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Retrofitting in 1.5 TR unit 2 TR evaporator will cause system imbalance and will result in failure.

amitsaxena
12-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Dear LSM 1966, in my view, you can go ahead with the evap retrofitting, only prob, you may face is with TXV as if you over charge the system, then TXV wont be effective, also if you undercharge the system then it will keep on operating, Hence i would suggest you to go for capillary and New eva. This will make good combination.

Thanks
Amit Saxena