PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed Please !!

Danny11
10-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Im moving to greece and after advice on lying a standup domestic fridge freezer on it's side for approx 2 days.

just wondering if this will cause any damage if left stood up for 24 hours before use.

Thank you

Mark

taz24
10-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Im moving to greece and after advice on lying a standup domestic fridge freezer on it's side for approx 2 days.

just wondering if this will cause any damage if left stood up for 24 hours before use.

Thank you

Mark

No none what-so-ever.

I have moved thousands of domestic fridges and freezers and I have never ever had a problem with starting one after it had been laid down.

Now for added safety and your own piece of mind if you leave the thing for a day you will have no problem regarding it having been laid down.

taz.

Brian_UK
10-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Only potential problem I could see is if the unit is going to suffer a lot of "bouncing" around.
The motor inside the compressor is normally stood on some springs which work fine when upright; On its side there is a danger of the motor falling off the springs, not much, but some.

samlee12
11-05-2009, 12:02 AM
What ive heard is that after lying fridge on its side oil from compressor could drain into piping and if started in that state it would be running with a loss of oil level until it drained back into compressor thus they suggest not running for 24 hours.

amitsaxena
11-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Dear I would like to suggest some
1. Dont load the ref. immdiately after starting again, atleast run it for 12 hrs w/o load
2. Also Let the ref stand properly atleast for 3~4 Hrs before starting

As if u follow these 2 precautions u wont face any prob.

123-steve909
13-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Only potential problem I could see is if the unit is going to suffer a lot of "bouncing" around.
The motor inside the compressor is normally stood on some springs which work fine when upright; On its side there is a danger of the motor falling off the springs, not much, but some.

I agree,
I was working for a commercial fridge manufacturer who had lots of problems with compressors after they had been transported on there side. i cut all the faulty compressors open and found every one off its springs.

lowcool
14-05-2009, 05:10 AM
another good thing about letting it stand is to let oil drain from the cylinder aka kelvinator apprentice days,same thing would happen with the springs which is probably less likely now that manufacturers scrimp on the cost of hermetics with their being less room for the compressor assembly to move internally