PDA

View Full Version : more 2079 help

dazdidge
10-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi all. I am looking for some info on what material I need to study for 2079. To let you know, I am an electrical engineer who has been repairing and installing a wide range of machinery for the last 17 years. For the last seven of those I have been mainly into dry cleaning/laundry which use a lot of refrigeration kit, therefore have had to work on them. Mainly systems up to around 5kg. I know I am not perfect but I have a reasonable understanding of how a fridge works (mainly self taught) and have the CITB safe handling. I can correctly carry out all procedures for removal of gas, fault/leak repair, pressure testing, vacuuming and then refilling. I was made redundant a few months ago and have managed to get a ref company to take me on and put me through 2079. My question is as above really, what material should I be buying to help me get a better understanding of the theory side to help me pass the test? I have no qualms about the practical side although any info here would be much appreciated too.
thanks in advance
daz

taz24
10-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Hi all. I am looking for some info on what material I need to study for 2079. To let you know, I am an electrical engineer who has been repairing and installing a wide range of machinery for the last 17 years. For the last seven of those I have been mainly into dry cleaning/laundry which use a lot of refrigeration kit, therefore have had to work on them. Mainly systems up to around 5kg. I know I am not perfect but I have a reasonable understanding of how a fridge works (mainly self taught) and have the CITB safe handling. I can correctly carry out all procedures for removal of gas, fault/leak repair, pressure testing, vacuuming and then refilling. I was made redundant a few months ago and have managed to get a ref company to take me on and put me through 2079. My question is as above really, what material should I be buying to help me get a better understanding of the theory side to help me pass the test? I have no qualms about the practical side although any info here would be much appreciated too.
thanks in advance
daz

You should be ok with the information you get from the training agency who will train you and then give you the exam.

You are having training arn't you?

The exam is based around the theoretical knowledge you would require for your City & Guilds 6127 Technical Certificate.

You will need to know about

Greenhouse potential and which gas is better or worse than the other
Ozone depleating gases
Ph charts
Superheat and Subcooling
Direct and Indirect Carbon emisions
Fgas regulations
EN378
And others.

Cheers taz.

sparrow
13-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Dazdidge,

This might sound strange but you should by rights, be aware firstly of your Appeals Procedure. I am not trying to suggest anything here but it may become necessary following an unsuccesful testing.(Remember you can lodge an appeal with the centre co-ordinator within 20 days of the candidate being notified of a decision.

SI UNITS OF MEASURE
TEWI
GWP Common Refrigerants
THE KYOTO PROTOCOL
ENVIROMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (UK) section33(6) section34
F-GAS REGULATIONS EC842/2006

have a look at those above and you should combined with what Taz advised be well on your way.

Sparrow

dazdidge
16-05-2009, 01:49 PM
thanks for the info guys, it really helps. I am booked in on the first of june, so not long to study!!! I have managed to get a shot of a sample program that randomly selects questions for the test, my first try and I got 13 out of 15, so pleased with my progress so far.

cheers
daz

al
16-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Daz

any chance of a link to that site, taking the test monday!

al

marc5180
10-06-2009, 07:04 PM
How did you get on Daz, did you pass?