PDA

View Full Version : Hart Scientific 7080 Calibration bath: faulty CP expansion valve

havertyp
08-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Anyone have any info on the Sporlan ADRI-1/2-0/100 manually adjustable constant pressure expansion valve? The machine this valve is fitted to is a 2 stage high-accuracy oil bath used for critical temperature calibration applications. This valve allows the user to adjust the low side evaporator pressure (low pressure = low evap. temp and vice versa) to closely match the setpoint they want, in order to avoid overshooting by the heater PID controller. On this machine, the valve is faulty and will not hold the pressure steady: the fluctuating pressure/temperature is causing the bath's temperature accuracy (it is specified to 0.02 deg!) to suffer. The gas used in the low stage is SUVA 95 (R508b). I find it hard to source this valve and will have to wait a while if getting it from the machine vendor: the customer needs the machine urgently.

Sturt
08-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi havertyp

I am not that familiar with Sporlan components by they are part of the Parker group.

Is this component an adjustable expansion valve or an evaporator pressure regulator?

I'm sure you can substitute this with a Danfoss alternative.

I cant make any sense of their website but Parker - Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Europe Headquarters are in Brampton, UK Tel: 01226 273400.
They should be able to get you on the right track for the component spec etc.

Sturt.

Brian_UK
08-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Would the Sporlan instruction sheet be any help?

http://sporlan.jandrewschoen.com/SD-057.pdf

If you want other stuff then look here also...

http://sporlan.jandrewschoen.com/literature.shtm

havertyp
09-05-2009, 03:17 AM
Thanks for that, much appreciated. You are correct re. the Parker group, they have a sales division here in Ireland. This valve is an internally sensed, manually adjustable refrigerant pressure regulator, it is unusual as it is adjustable by the machine user ( a knurled black knob is present on the machine control panel) and this is what sets the evap. temperature. The machine is a 2 stage cascade, the high stage uses R507 and the low stage uses R508b. Will let you know how I get on with sourcing this part and ho the repair goes, hope to post a few shots as well.