PDA

View Full Version : Verco display freezer

iceman007
12-06-2004, 12:37 AM
I've got a fault code on the control/temp dispaly for one of these units. It must be about 10-15 years old, because I've been informed that it's running on R502.

The code is changing intermittently from E0 to E1. I seem to recall E1 meaning a faulty evaporator probe. Apparently, the store manager has told one of our techs that this problem has been there for quite a while. He has checked the temperature in the case, and found it to be about minus 4, which is too warm for a freezer. Apparently, this temperature rises about once per month, and they switch it off and let it defrost overnight and then all is well again for another three or four weeks. I think that the unit may be failing to correctly defrost, if the evaporator probe is faulty. It isn't timeclocked but electronic so I am led to believe.

Anyway I have said I'd have a look at it over the weekend, but have no fault codes( I think that it would use Eliwell codes, but the customer tells us it's a carel temp/code display module). Then if that wasn't bad enough I've got to go and sort out a compressor pack-not cooling correctly. Who said self-employed life was easy ?!!!

Regards
James

Latte
12-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Hi Iceman,
Verco's do suffer from high rates of pobe failures and yes as soon as the evap probe plays up the defrost go all over the place. HRP do the probes 255807 rings a bell for some reason the ends come loose on the old ones. Piece of cake to replace you should do both in about 10mins

Regards

Raymond

iceman007
12-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the info Raymond. Will pop into HRP Monday and pick up the part. Amazingly, this fault has been going on for a few years, and the last company couldn't sort it out.

Best Wishes
James

jan behnke
13-06-2004, 09:19 AM
If it’s still the original carel stat I would change the lot .just changing the probe you might get called back because of the controller.

Latte
13-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Just had another thought although not probably related.

If the controller starts to play up check the transformer if it is a 12v one. You should allow 10% either way but the transformers have a habbit of going up o 15v and causing controller faults. HRP also have a large stock of these too and i tend, if changing the controller to do the transformer at the same time

Regards

Raymond

iceman007
14-06-2004, 12:01 AM
Thanks to both of you for the info. Probably won't get the authorisation from the customer's head office for about 72 hours anyway. I don't suppose you would know what the fault code is E0 changing to E1 and back again every few seconds.

Regards
James

jan behnke
14-06-2004, 07:08 AM
i think EO is air probe fault and E1 is Evap probe fault

iceman007
14-06-2004, 08:01 AM
Hi Jan

Thanks for the info.

Kind Regards
James