PDA

View Full Version : Van Breakdown

Latte
05-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Evening all,

My van broke down this morning and had to be limped to the local Vauxhall dealers.
Just rang them to find out if it was going to be done today and the Service adviser laughed and said no chance its in at the moment.
Do you think he's trying to tell me something :-)

Regards

Latte

chillin out
05-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Sounds as good as the Vauxhall dealers I have used.

Mine took 2 days to do a service last month!!!

Chillin:):)

Latte
05-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Sounds as good as the Vauxhall dealers I have used.

Mine took 2 days to do a service last month!!!

Chillin:):)

Mine takes at least 2 days every time it is in and when its on 117k on a 56 plate thats quite a lot.
Dont get me wrong, i love that van and cannot fault the vehicle itself. Had it since new and really dont want to change it but i think the lease is up soon and my baby's going to have to go back. If i could keep it for 5 years i would without hesitation. It seems to be Vauxhall dealers though. maybe its because im a fleet customer so dont have much choice. im sure if i was a cash customer i would get better service.

Regards

Latte

Brian_UK
05-05-2009, 11:32 PM
It always gets me that the garage will ask you what time you can get the van to them for a service.

But, it doesn't matter when you take it in because it will always not be ready until the end of the day.

Latte
06-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Well, to give them their dues it is now fixed (sort of)

A collegue of mine from Newcastle, in between his laugh's at me sitting on the side of the A14 actually diagnosed it even before the RAC got there. Fault with a wiring loom ? must be a common fault. Has been repaired, apparently Vauxhall wanted £1500 + labour which the leasing company were not impressed by, so i have the "We have repaired it, see how you get on and let us know " repair done. If it breaks down on the M11 or M25 tommorow after i pick it up the air is going to turn blue.

Saying that however, i think i have become a VW Convert. Ive had on Hire a LWB VW Transporter TDI (75kwTDIsg5) Whatever that means and what a fantastic van. SO comfortable to drive, loads of power (Not that i would ever give a van too much penguin) but cruised at 70 down to Thurrock with loads of power to spare and fantastic fuel consumption. I can see why people like them so much. Oh Well, back to the Vauxhall tommorow

Regards

Latte