PDA

View Full Version : newbie

adacrash
04-05-2009, 02:41 PM
hi all thought i had already done this but my profile says i never did......

so here gos..

i work in the uk with drinking water coolers floor standing and desk top units ...such as excel aquator acis...

i was wondering.. i was a corgi registered plumber and wish to know what is envoled getting me to a trained level to re gas these units and service them...

i need to cut and brazie a Schrader Valve on to the motor for ease to refill with gas and future level mointoring...

and i know older machines tend to also have a sludgy gunk in pipework that blocks up and makes unit break down. how do i clean these.....

i was using a engineer but he was not impressive and not time consious, ie unit breaks down he be 2 weeks before he'd look at it then say ....its buggered m8....not what i need ....

if i can do this next day and bugged or not at leaset i and the customer would know....
many thanks for any replies

adacrash

frank
04-05-2009, 08:55 PM
i was wondering.. i was a corgi registered plumber and wish to know what is envoled getting me to a trained level to re gas these units and service them...adacrash

It's called a 4 year apprenticeship. No short cuts, no question.
Plenty of hard work and learning - technical theory at college and 'hands on' at the side of a fully trained and experienced engineer on site.

Out of interest - how long did it take for you to become a fully trained and experienced plumber, including Corgi registration?

adacrash
05-05-2009, 11:11 PM
sorry .. i must of upset you no way did i intend to i was not looking for rude answer just some facts ,

so 4 years is a good term served, being in a job would i be able to do a night school?

i am and was only asking.....

my corgi took 4 years and many many courses and training dont know why i need to expain myself..

i think i asked a simple question..sorry

adacrash
05-05-2009, 11:18 PM
ps . if you asked me i have a boiler and i want to do this .. yes i would say you must be corgi / gas safe .. but i would guide you through what should be done so you can check if the person working on it does as he should....

does a unit get gunked up?

can any one regas a unit or does one need to be a registered installer..

i have questions need answers ..please.. i respect you are the people who have done the time thats why im asking you...

frank
06-05-2009, 08:20 AM
It wasn't a rude answer, just the basic facts. As with any profession, learning takes time.

As with Corgi/Gas Safe in the plumbing/heating trade, we are now regulated by the F-Gas Regulations. You must hold a recognised qualification to handle refrigerants. To gain the qualification, you have to attend college or a recognised training establishment.

Contact the college nearest to you or search on Google.

You could also use the 'Search' facility on this site and have a read of the 'Training' section.