PDA

View Full Version : Installation engineers

robin r33 gtr
03-05-2009, 10:18 PM
I have just started doing a 2 year city and guilds plumbing course and it has made me realise how bad the air conditioning and refrigeration course is. On my course we did not cover anything on building regs.

The plumbing course is teaching you to work to the BS 6700 regs. notching/drilling joists, pipe clip spacings, fittings, fixings etc.

What BS standard should air conditioning install engineers work to? It seems to me most engineers do what they want.

AbsoluteWDJ
04-05-2009, 01:18 PM
I have just started doing a 2 year city and guilds plumbing course and it has made me realise how bad the air conditioning and refrigeration course is. On my course we did not cover anything on building regs.

The plumbing course is teaching you to work to the BS 6700 regs. notching/drilling joists, pipe clip spacings, fittings, fixings etc.

What BS standard should air conditioning install engineers work to? It seems to me most engineers do what they want.

When I went to college it was mainly refrigeration than air conditioning installation. Plumbing you would associate with domestic work. I suppose this could be the reason. I was at college about 10 years ago, the building regs have advanced since then!! How long ago was you doing your air con/refrigeration course?

robin r33 gtr
04-05-2009, 05:00 PM
I finished my air conditioning/refrigeration course about 7 years ago. We have a guy at work who has nearly finished his course and he has not covered anything on installation.

robin r33 gtr
11-05-2009, 09:10 PM
anyone else ?