PDA

View Full Version : p/t charts

milton
10-06-2004, 03:04 PM
:D hello all help me where can i obtain p/t charts for new refrigerants ? thank all

chemi-cool
10-06-2004, 03:12 PM
www.sporlan.com

Chemi :)

Argus
10-06-2004, 11:00 PM
This link should take you to Solvay's fluorinated chemicals page

http://www.solvaychemicals.com/products/product_line/0,5408,-_EN-1000056,00.html#PG1000049

Pull the page down to located the refrigerant of your choice, then on the sidebar click 'datasheets' the resulting page will give you downloadable vapour tables and ph charts, all in SI units.

Otherwise search 'solvay refrigerants' in google.

Hope it helps.
________
Honda Legend (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Legend)

Prof Sporlan
11-06-2004, 02:16 AM
www.sporlan.com

Or for a more specific URL: http://www.sporlan.com/form1.htm

Additional refrigerant data can be found here: http://www.sporlan.com/5-162.htm

Abe
11-06-2004, 08:18 PM
I downloaded Prof Sporlans chart
Looks good, ( wicked) on screen, but prints diabolically

Also, could do with a metric version

chemi-cool
11-06-2004, 08:32 PM
You are right Abe,

I also wonder why nobody at Sporlan noticed that most of the world uses the metric system and C degrees.

Chemi

rbartlett
11-06-2004, 08:41 PM
You are right Abe,

I also wonder why nobody at Sporlan noticed that most of the world uses the metric system and C degrees.

Chemi

because they're americans and they are the WHOLE world as far as they're concerned.. ;-)

cheers

richard

frank
11-06-2004, 09:03 PM
because they're americans and they are the WHOLE world as far as they're concerned.. ;-)

Now come on Richard - that's a bit harsh on the Prof. I'm quite sure the Prof deals quite adequately with both Imperial and SI units, maybe we are just lazy in wanting the conversions done for us.

Do you order your fridge pipework from NRS or whoever and say - 30m of 1/2" pipe plus armaflex etc. without thinking. I know this subject has been covered in the past but we in the UK move between SI and Imperial without thinking. At least the Americans stick to one type, - perhaps it is us that are the ones who think we know best but really don't? (I know that you replyed in jest, please take my response in jest) food for thought eh? :)

Abe
11-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Frank

As a EEC nation..........we are bound by Directive to abandon, imperial.......thats the Law

Came in over 5 years ago

Where do u see anything in Imperial here?????

Only..........copper tube got left behind............And no ones noticing...............or bothered!!!!

I grew up in days of imperial..........u know, pounds, shillings and pence

Then the switch to Metric.............which I found a lot more easy...........and logical

So I " could" switch between the two

Now...........Give me metric anyday !!!!

Prof Sporlan
12-06-2004, 03:38 AM

cheers

richard

Someone has to surpass the Roman empire… :)

I'm quite sure the Prof deals quite adequately with both Imperial and SI units

Indeed the Prof is quite bilingual as I’m sure Marc will agree, but using SI is a bit like driving on the left side of the road... :D

Abe
12-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Ahh Prof......you are such a wise generous ruler !!! :rolleyes:

But, for us "poor" folk kneeling down , staring at the glint off your polished armour.............please could you oblige us with a pressure / temperature chart in metric...........your worship !!!!

chemi-cool
12-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Hi Abe,

Got some nice software for refrigerants.

Go to http://www.isceon-refrigerants.co.uk/ISCEON%20Product%20Downloads/English%20Downloads/isceonenglishdow.html
and download the software "iscool", its not big and has all the information on each refrigerant.

You will have to install it on your computer but its not big.

Chemi

Argus
12-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Gentelmen,

It's obvious that we're all out of step all over the world except the septics.

The link I gave you earlier to Solvay's site is all SI.
No Pounds, Gallons or or Fahrenheit to be seen.
________
mexico city hotel (http://mexicocityhotel.info)

chemi-cool
12-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi Argus,

Whoops, I've missed your link.
Yes, its fine and useful.

baker
13-06-2004, 04:26 AM
Every now and then the metric fascists come out of the woodwork and try to impose their extremes on us. Like the UK, Australia converted from imperial to metric decades ago, but because of the number of idiot/fascists involved, some strange things occured.

2 inch pipe could be 50mm or 50.8mm. Similarly 50mm pipe could be 50.8mm. Dual unit tape measures and rulers became a prohibited import, in the same category as sword sticks. They were oblivious to the fact that integrated circuits at the time came with pins a tenth of an inch apart, and you needed imperial measures to work with them.

Copper pipe is still made in imperial sizes and given incorrect metric names.

A popular beer glass size is 285 ml (half pint) and the metric police wanted to ban these.

Generally, I think that the Americans have got it right, with a lot of industry slowly converting over where it is practical. I am surprised that the HVAC profession isn't shifting faster, considering the complications and confusions with pounds force and pounds mass. Dossat's book where he has both imperial and metric sections shows the advantage of not having to worry about gravitational acceleration in the metric system.

Mark Baker

frank
13-06-2004, 05:44 PM
The English man from Newcastle who dared to sell his market produce in pounds and ounces died recently from the pressure of defending his rights in the courts - may he rest in peace, but at least he fought to the end. Tony blair (for those across the pond he is our illustrious President - opps, sorry, our Prime Minister) not so long ago came out of number 10 and announced that his new born son weighed 8lbs 10ozs. Now - are we metric or what.???? :confused:

We drive on the right, adhere to speed limits that are in mph, drink pints not litres, buy clothes to suit say a 40" chest, read pressures on our gauges in psig, calculate cooling duty in kw, buy copper in inch's, charge refrigerant in kilo's - need I go on ??? :D

Just where do we stand in the UK?

chemi-cool
13-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Hi Frank,

Thats all right, look at the bright side, you used to calculate duty in BTU and TR.

I guess there is a chance.

By the way, how do you measure the air pressure in your van's tires?

Chemi

Prof Sporlan
14-06-2004, 01:25 AM
Just where do we stand in the UK?
The Prof recalls someone saying the UK is moving to the SI system inch by inch.... :)

In the U.S., we're moving to the SI system micron by micron... :D

frank
14-06-2004, 07:16 PM

I use that little gadget down at the garage Chemi :D

frank
14-06-2004, 07:20 PM

I use the gadget down at the garage Chemi :D