PDA

View Full Version : can sombody help me

ajith Fernando
02-05-2009, 04:50 PM
I am having problems with my Dairy Kool chiller tank an Ice bank chiller. The condensing unit is a R134 with a Copeland DLLB-301-EWL-000 compressor which is not working. I am unable to get a matching R134 compressor. Instead I am going to install a R33 36,000 BTU Maneurop Compressor and change the expansion valves to R22 too. Can you tell me will this work and will the condensing unit be sufficient as it’s a 19’’x19’’ four row condensing unit.

ajith Fernando
02-05-2009, 04:54 PM
:eek: sorry its not R33, its R22

nike123
02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Drain mineral oil from that new Maneurop compressor before you mount it in system and measure drained quantity.
If you measured more than 95% of nameplate oil charge, you could charge new POE oil and fit compressor as usual.
If your drained quantity of mineral oil is less than 95% of nameplate charge, you need one (or more) oil changes but you need to turn that compressor in order that new oil wash leftover mineral oil inside of compressor. Than left it to settle and drain again. By my experience, one change is good enogh.
Charge again same amount of new POE oil as you drained, and you could proceed with compressor replacement without touching anything else in system.
Of course that goes only if that Maneurop is same displacement and motor power as original one.

chemi-cool
03-05-2009, 10:06 AM
The compressor you need is MTZ040, you do not have to change oil, R22 will run fine with POE.

If you do want to change the oil then follow NIKE123 instructions.

Capacity of both at 0°C is 9KW

nike123
03-05-2009, 12:25 PM
My point is that I instruct him to stay at R134A refrigerant, because everything is optimized for that refrigerant. That is why I suggested oil change. I think that compressor doesn't care what refrigerant it pumps, if motor power and displacement is same as original one. Also, replacing R134A with R22 is not ecological and we need to leave our children place to live, until we found new Earth.;)