PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo fault

marc5180
01-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I've been carrying out maintenance today on one of our sites that has 4 Sanyo twins, outdoor model number SPW-CR484GVH8.

I carried out a full thorough service checking everything was working fine. I got home and had a phone call from the boss saying the manager has been on from the last job saying that the controller is now flashing "E04".

I can't get onto the sanyo website for that particular model but i have looked at my generic list i think it means comms error.
Does anyone have the manual for it.

Thats just my luck, i was getting ready for a nice work free weekend:mad:

nike123
01-05-2009, 06:32 PM
What are indoor units model#

marc5180
01-05-2009, 08:49 PM
I think the indoors are SPW-XDR254GH56 or SPW-XDR48GH56

superswill
02-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I've been carrying out maintenance today on one of our sites that has 4 Sanyo twins, outdoor model number SPW-CR484GVH8.

I carried out a full thorough service checking everything was working fine. I got home and had a phone call from the boss saying the manager has been on from the last job saying that the controller is now flashing "E04".

I can't get onto the sanyo website for that particular model but i have looked at my generic list i think it means comms error.
Does anyone have the manual for it.

Thats just my luck, i was getting ready for a nice work free weekend:mad:

marc

my sanyo disk is in the office but according to this scap of paper ive found in the boot E04 indoor unit is detecting error signaled from outdoor unit,error in receiving serial comms signal

normally i get this when units are turned off or PCB failed

marc5180
02-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Cheers Paul.

I went back to site this morning and found the mcb off for one of the condensors.
I checked the system out and reset the breaker but couldn't find a reason for it to trip.

It's running away fine now.

nike123
03-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Cheers Paul.

I went back to site this morning and found the mcb off for one of the condensors.
I checked the system out and reset the breaker but couldn't find a reason for it to trip.

It's running away fine now.

Did you measured current at full load condition?
Could be MCB is becoming weak.

marc5180
03-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Yes i did and it was fine because thats what i first thought.

nike123
03-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Yes i did and it was fine because thats what i first thought.

If that happens again, than suggest that electrician change that MCB with new one.
Does that MCB is dedicated for only outdoor unit or it is more consumers connected at him?

marc5180
03-05-2009, 12:16 PM
There is an external pump also connected to the same mcb as the outdoor unit.
If iy happens again i will suggest a change of the mcb.
Thanks

nike123
03-05-2009, 01:23 PM
There is an external pump also connected to the same mcb as the outdoor unit.
If iy happens again i will suggest a change of the mcb.
Thanks
Also, I would suggest that instalation should be rewired in way that outdoor unit is on dedicated MCB.

Hun.Ref.Man
05-05-2009, 12:06 PM
E04 =Poor reception of the indoor unit from the outdoor unit / When turning on the power supply, the number of connected indoor units does not correspond to the number set.
(Except R.C. address is "0.")