PDA

View Full Version : Oh my Days!!

jdunc2301
01-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Looking at my safe handling card, realised it expires september 09 so i called Business edge to find out about renewing to be in line with the new F-gas regs:

3 day course
£520

Lol love being green....someone's making a chunk o cash out of us!!!

Brian_UK
01-05-2009, 10:44 PM
They always do, that's the fun part of being trained in whatever trade you follow.

Big money to get trained so that you can spend more money to carry a plastic card around to prove that you've spent the money.

All the guy wants to know at the end of the day is - "Can you fix it?"

Yuri B.
02-05-2009, 04:14 PM
And by that a "ref" is deprived of a chance of getting himself prepared to the test - Regulations' content is ether available for money or during the "courses". It is a bit unfair as the Regulations have been drawn up by the bureaucrats living on the taxes payed by the ref.

Quality
02-05-2009, 05:45 PM
"Can you fix it?"

I thought that was when will it be fixed :D

Voyager
03-05-2009, 03:27 PM
And by that a "ref" is deprived of a chance of getting himself prepared to the test - Regulations' content is ether available for money or during the "courses". It is a bit unfair as the Regulations have been drawn up by the bureaucrats living on the taxes payed by the ref.

That's the Uk for you.
Same as the Driving test - gotta buy the book to learn the rules. If they are so concerned that everybody knows the rules, they would issue free copies.

The course contents are far more than you need as well.
2079 is 'safe handling'. Why spend hours teach theory and history of Kyoto etc. when you only need to know how to safely test/charge/evacuate/store/transport the damn gas.

sparrow
08-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Looking at my safe handling card, realised it expires september 09 so i called Business edge to find out about renewing to be in line with the new F-gas regs:

3 day course
£520

Lol love being green....someone's making a chunk o cash out of us!!!

jdunc, I take it you were certified by citb then?

Sparrow