PDA

View Full Version : nvq level 2 timescales

andy32
27-04-2009, 10:27 PM
how quickly can you get the nvq level 2 completed , already have the 6127 , Is six months a reasonable timescale if i work my nuts off

superswill
28-04-2009, 10:16 PM
how quickly can you get the nvq level 2 completed , already have the 6127 , Is six months a reasonable timescale if i work my nuts off

i think thats reasonable providing you put the hours in,also look at distance learning level two

taz24
29-04-2009, 05:06 PM

The NVQ is just you proving you can and do the work.

You do between five and ten job write ups with all the evidence to prove it.

So it could take you as long as it takes to do the work.
If you are busy yo could do it it in a few weeks to a month.

It is all down to you :cool:

Cheers taz.

andy32
18-07-2009, 02:34 PM
cheers lads i start it in sept so fingers crossed i will have it by feb

superswill
18-07-2009, 06:53 PM
cheers lads i start it in sept so fingers crossed i will have it by feb

andy

what training provider have you gone with? iam asking as mine is so p*** poor i really thinking of changing after hours on the phone of chasing my tail

sparrow
23-07-2009, 09:13 PM

Andy My advice for you would be to remember if you do manage like me to complete the Nvq in six months you will still have to wait. Remember the EVA will have to look over your portfolio, this has to be done at the end of a course. I know because you already have the 6127, you will move into the second phase (This i expect you already understand.) The thing is your Internal assessor combined with the guy who vistits you on site a couple of times will not be in any rush to complete. The paperwork provided must be dated by these people and yourself,at different times through the course, and there must be a true and accurate account of this provided as evidence from both of these people.
Remember they are being assessed by the EVA and if they don't provide the factual evidence they will face being sanctioned, and will not be able to assess NVQ until they rectify the difficulties they find themselves in. I have seen this happen unfortunately and its not pretty.

patience is the least frustrating way just relax do your portfolio easy, and it will soon pass you will not be rushing about at the end of the course.

Good luck

Sparrow

marc5180
26-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi Andy, i finished my NVQ2 last year in 8 months going to a college on a saturday.
I could have completed it a lot quicker but didnt really want to rush the theory part.

My portfolio took me about 8 weeks from start to finish. If you put in the time you could do it in the same time maybe even sooner.

I started my NVQ3 at the end of Nov 2008 last year and i have just passed both technical certificate and completed my portfolio, all i'm waiting for is for my portfolio to be assessed. So i will have passed in 8 months.
Then i start my NVQ3 in electrical maintenance:mad:

It's never ending.

andy32
26-09-2009, 08:50 PM
andy

what training provider have you gone with? iam asking as mine is so p*** poor i really thinking of changing after hours on the phone of chasing my tail
I am with dudley college , mons hill . they are pretty good to be honest and they have gone out of there way to help me out a few times , if you want to change over colleges i would give them a bell and they will help you out , ask for dennis mason

andy32
26-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Andy My advice for you would be to remember if you do manage like me to complete the Nvq in six months you will still have to wait. Remember the EVA will have to look over your portfolio, this has to be done at the end of a course. I know because you already have the 6127, you will move into the second phase (This i expect you already understand.) The thing is your Internal assessor combined with the guy who vistits you on site a couple of times will not be in any rush to complete. The paperwork provided must be dated by these people and yourself,at different times through the course, and there must be a true and accurate account of this provided as evidence from both of these people.
Remember they are being assessed by the EVA and if they don't provide the factual evidence they will face being sanctioned, and will not be able to assess NVQ until they rectify the difficulties they find themselves in. I have seen this happen unfortunately and its not pretty.

patience is the least frustrating way just relax do your portfolio easy, and it will soon pass you will not be rushing about at the end of the course.

Good luck

Sparrow
will do mate , I started last week and i am looking forward to getting stuck into the the practical stuff in the workshop

Pooh
28-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Andy
with the 6127 under your belt the minimum time you can do an NVQ is 3 months and that is set by City & Guilds. This is feasible if you have the ability and experience to display to your assessor that you are competent under the assessment criteria.

If you have a good assessor he should be able to look at your circumstances and tell you better.

Some training providers do not require the EV to be involved in the certification process if they have direct claims status.

Ian
Pooh