PDA

View Full Version : A/C condensing unit position.

Lucas
26-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Would positioning condensor for A/C on south facing wall affect the performance or cause any problems if weather gets hot?

The only other position would be on an east wall but that would mean a long pipe run (approx 25m)

I want to keep visible pipework to minimum also keep installation cost to a minimum (a/c is for my personal use) On South wall pipe run would be around 5m so would prefer there but not if I'm gonna get problems!

Thanks
Paul.

AbsoluteWDJ
26-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Would positioning condenser for A/C on south facing wall affect the performance or cause any problems if weather gets hot?

The only other position would be on an east wall but that would mean a long pipe run (approx 25m)

I want to keep visible pipework to minimum also keep installation cost to a minimum (a/c is for my personal use) On South wall pipe run would be around 5m so would prefer there but not if I'm gonna get problems!

Thanks
Paul.

I would concentrate on keeping the pipework within the allowable length and making sure there is adequate airflow around the condenser.

eggs
26-04-2009, 10:45 PM
I have a Daikin 4mx thingy on the south wall of my house. It does exactly what it is supposed to do........
In the business unit, the Powmatic condensor is on the shop floor, indoors, just outside the offices.
As long as we remember to empty the condensate bucket periodicaly.......that works as well.

Stick it where it best suits you pal.

Eggs

Lucas
27-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks

Max pipe run 20m so will have to go South wall anyways.

sinewave
27-04-2009, 07:09 PM
As long as we remember to empty the condensate bucket periodicaly.......that works as well.

Eggs

Condesate bucket?

Sounds like the lash ups you see in Spanish Restaurants!

:eek: