PDA

View Full Version : new cold room new refrig system!

oscar-uk
26-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Hello all, when you have built a new system from scratch, i.e. brand new cold room/refrigeration system, and fitting / brazing new pipework etc, would you have to carry out a triple evacuation??

Thanks in advance

nike123
26-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Triple evacuation could speed drying of system. If you are not satisfied with speed of your evacuation or you have lot of moisture in system, then triple evacuation is beneficial.
That all depend on actual situation.

Brian_UK
26-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Not my normal work load but I would suggest that it is a good practice as coldroom downtime due to a poor install can be costly in both time and money.

sean1
25-06-2009, 12:57 AM
i do a good few installs on coldrooms never do a triple vac just a good strength test and good vac(400-500 micron) unless i did not install pipework but might not be a bad practice.but never had a coldroom go down(touch wood) due to vac procedure

lowcool
26-06-2009, 03:24 AM
triple evacuations went out the door when gas management legislations where introduced here.most triple evacuations where related to domestic applications in my day.

Bones
01-07-2009, 11:31 AM
i normally check all my joints as i go as you do... pressurize system with nitrogen when complete check for pressure drop/leaks before evacuating system charging and commissioning.