PDA

View Full Version : Glass door on True cooler....

BlueVanACD2005
26-04-2009, 04:20 AM
I have a 3-door True cooler, with all glass doors (model # gdm-72). One of the doors broke when we were unloading it, so I had to replace the glass in it. After taking the door off, replacing the glass, and putting it back on - the door no longer springs shut on its own anymore. I'm not sure exactly how the spring in the door frame works... It just looks like a small rod that goes from the top to the bottom. I know the top part is fine because it's just a little pin that hold it againt the body of the cooler. But the other end thats linked to the bottom of the door frame is what I'm unsure about. I don't know if theres a trick to it or what? But for some reason it looks the same but won't work now. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, Spenser.

davecool
26-04-2009, 03:15 PM
hi there; noramlly on true cabinets there is a bush with holes in it and a small screw, you have to increase tension on the return spring which is built in by way of turning the bush and locking into place with the screw doing this until you have enough tension to close the door but dont put to much on or it will give you a nasty bite when the dorr slams shut

BlueVanACD2005
26-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks! I'll have to give it a try... but is the bushing and screw at the top of the door? If I can recall correctly it is.... (not where the cooler is at the moment lol)

BlueVanACD2005
27-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Nevermind... It depends on the type of unit whether or not the bushing is on the top or the bottom.... (I was standing in line at a gas station this morning, and happened to notice the true cooler with a glass door and the bushing at the bottom). I'm almost 100% sure mine is at the top though - I'll find out later today and see if I can adjust it so it shuts the door...

Thanks again, Spenser

cadwaladr
27-04-2009, 11:07 PM
was there not a spring fitted on the bottom pin of the door shaped like a ,p,