PDA

View Full Version : oil changing

jebar
25-04-2009, 09:29 AM
hi everybody I want to know the procedure of changing lubrication oil for semi-hermatic compressor any advice please.

chemi-cool
25-04-2009, 10:53 AM
1. Close suction valve.
2. Switch on compressor and force it to 0 psig.
3. Switch off power.
4. Close discharge valve.
5. Open gauges to release any pressure left inside the compressor.
6. Open oil cap, pull out oil filter and holding spring and let all the old oil come out.
7. Inspect the old oil for any suspicious particles.
8. Insert back filter and spring, put a new gasket.
9. Fill with new oil.
10. Evacuate.
11. Open discharge valve.
12. Switch on power.
13. Open suction valve and let compressor run.

icecube51
26-04-2009, 07:11 PM
if the tip from Chemi is not working, look up the manual from the manufacturer.

Ice

icecube51
26-04-2009, 07:14 PM
hey Chemi, dos nr4 comes not just a split second before nr3 ;-))

Ice

murray75
28-04-2009, 02:27 AM
The procedure already given is OK, but doesn't take into account if the system has an oil sep. Sometimes using this method, gas can pass back into the crankcase through the oil return line. It is necessary in some cases to remove the oil return line from the compressor and quickly put a capped fitting onto it. Then when oil has been changed put a rag over it and remove the cap and refit to compressor. But the latter is risky and the safer option is to recover the gas then when done change drier and put the old gas back in.
Hope this helps,
Murray.

jebar
28-04-2009, 03:26 AM
hi all &thanks to chemi-cool the procedure is ok.

littleyapper
28-04-2009, 01:35 PM
am i being rude but went through all posts and i think we are bringing jebar through his apprenticship... if you cant do an oil change then your boss should know!!... there are enough cowboys giving this game a bad name ... if you need help then this is the place with some fantastic guys giving words of wisdom...DONT ABUSE IT!!.. ok venting over:)

chemi-cool
28-04-2009, 01:44 PM
remove the oil return line from the compressor and quickly put a capped fitting onto it.

A good method for getting oil shower. If there is no pressure in the compressor > no pressure in the oil return line.
BTW, I always connect the oil return line to the suction line before the accumulator.

icecube51,
I don't know about you but I never close the discharge valve when power is on.[ Even if compressor is still]

icecube51
02-05-2009, 10:47 AM
hey Chemi-cool,
if you close the discharge valve when power is of,then you risk to get a flow-back,thats why i close the valve a split second before i cut of the power.

its not to prove you are wrong,just looking if i am wright.

Ice