PDA

View Full Version : Setting indoor fan speed Daikin VRV-S

mchild
24-04-2009, 05:04 PM
I have a Daikin VRV-S with four indoor FXSQ ducted air handlers and one wired remote controller for the system. I would like to set the blower speed on two of the indoor units to the low setting.

The service manual states to change the fan speed you need to enter the Service Mode through the remote controller and go to mode 44, select the indoor unit, and then use the fan speed button to select the speed (one of two speeds available). The fan speed is shown to be high for all four units.

Following the instructions does not change the setting. I did get one unit changed by pressing a combination of buttons, but I have not been able to reproduce it for the other unit. Thus, I am not sure I remember the sequence of button selection that I used.

What am I missing here?

Brian_UK
24-04-2009, 06:43 PM
This may not be 100% true but...

When looking or changing settings you can start from '10' settings but these do not change. You need to go to the '20' range and alter them.

Also, don't forget to press the confirmation button each time.

mchild
24-04-2009, 07:47 PM
This may not be 100% true but...

When looking or changing settings you can start from '10' settings but these do not change. You need to go to the '20' range and alter them.

Also, don't forget to press the confirmation button each time.

Brian,

Yes, you are correct for changing "Field" settings with the 10s being global and the 20s being for individual units. But, for setting the fan speed on individual units you have to access the "Service" mode section (one step beyond the Field settings).

The issue isn't that I have failed to confirm - as I know I must do that, but rather, the fan speed indicator does not change on the screen and thus nothing to confirm. None of the buttons change the fan speed shown on the screen when in Service mode 44.

puddleboy3
24-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I have a Daikin VRV-S with four indoor FXSQ ducted air handlers and one wired remote controller for the system. I would like to set the blower speed on two of the indoor units to the low setting.

The service manual states to change the fan speed you need to enter the Service Mode through the remote controller and go to mode 44, select the indoor unit, and then use the fan speed button to select the speed (one of two speeds available). The fan speed is shown to be high for all four units.

Following the instructions does not change the setting. I did get one unit changed by pressing a combination of buttons, but I have not been able to reproduce it for the other unit. Thus, I am not sure I remember the sequence of button selection that I used.

What am I missing here?

If I can remember correctlly go to mode 44, select the indoor and when you press the fan speed button the number on the bottom left should change between 1 & 3. 1=low 3=High, if you had cassette type units the same would apply when the louvre button is pressed.

Hope this helps

mchild
24-04-2009, 09:38 PM
If I can remember correctlly go to mode 44, select the indoor and when you press the fan speed button the number on the bottom left should change between 1 & 3. 1=low 3=High, if you had cassette type units the same would apply when the louvre button is pressed.

Hope this helps

puddleboy3,

Your memory is exactly what the service manual calls for and that is exactly what I have tried to do. But, as I mentioned to Brian, the number does not change between 1 & 3. Nothing happens - no matter which button I push.

I have confirmed that the Fan Button is functional by putting the controller back to Normal Mode (operational) and use the Fan Button to set the global fan speed for all indoor units.