PDA

View Full Version : Freezer 134 or 404

raz5
23-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Guys heres a question that i know you guys can help with . I am replacing a compressor on an commercial upright freezer. It has static condenser and evaporator coils and currently is on 134. Because of the lbp on 134 to maintain -22 the compressor is working its nuts off !!!!
What are the pitfalls of switching the compressor to a lbp 404 danfoss compressor and cooling with a fan. The freezer is capillary and the evap is three stage rack in the cabinet. The existing compressor is oil cooled and has the oil cooled section on the static condenser. Or could i just replace compressor like for like, alter the cappillary and use 404 instead of 134 .. Or is it cheaper to scrap n get new freezer thats fit for purpose ???:D

monkey spanners
24-04-2009, 08:38 PM
I'd vote for a new freezer ;)

raz5
25-04-2009, 02:04 PM
My thoughts exactly , but ive changed the 134 for 404 altered the capillary and fitted a tangential blower across the static condenser and the freezer easily makes -22C Suction is attaining 12psi and the compressor is running smooth and is actualy switching off with the stat :D. Delivery has obviously increased dramaticaly to 190 psi but i did a pressure test to 300psi using ofn and nothing showed . I have ordered a new 404 compressor as they are cheap and the customer is happy not to be spending 2K on a new upright. Ill see how it goes. The customer has 20 freezers but this is the only one on 134 and if it does fail he can move his stock at the drop of a hat ( only used for bread ).

The oil in the compressor is obviously POE so compatable with 404

Watch this space lol