PDA

View Full Version : Blast Chill Problem

DeliBAz
22-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi guys new to the site and hoping you an give me some information on what i can do to rectify a problem im having with a piece of equipment. In the factory we have a small blast chiller used to quickly chill hot food products, The problem i am having now is that the unit will only heat up and has lost the ability to chill at all, Ive checked switches etc and all seems ok, when i turn the dial to heat mode it instantly heats, but when set to chill mode (Which is preset at 2degrees celcius) it sits at 14 degrees celcius, any ideas on what the problem is or what i can do to rectify it. Thanks in advance

Sandro Baptista
22-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi DeliBAz

Give me more data:

- That equipment already have working well befor this problem?

- +14ºC...that means that made some refrigeration effect :) . With the tunnel without any heat load what's the minimum temperature you can reach?

- What's the suction pressure in the compressor gauge? And what the suction pressure at the outlet of the evaporator?

Give me this answers then maybe I ask you more elements, okay?

DeliBAz
22-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi Sandro Baptista

yes it was working ok beforehand, This is a small unit which looks like a house refrigerator its the first time i have come across one of them, I will find out the other details for you and get back, thanks

icecube51
26-04-2009, 06:51 PM
did you checkt the 4way valve,is it not blockt on heating mode??
you soult hear some clicking when it changes.

Ice

icecube51
26-04-2009, 06:52 PM
is it possible the heating mode is whit a electric resistance??